Chapter 3: Meeting the Family

"Is this Miss Y/N, daddy?" Behind William was a little girl with light blonde hair, and dark green eyes, just like William. She had a pink-button shirt on and a purple skirt. She looked like a childish version of her mother but what was really on my mind was how they knew my name.

William looked up from the girl and gave me an awkward grin.

"Yes, Liz. This is Y/N." William sounded almost shy as I saw his daughter bounce around with glee at my presence. I looked at him with quirked brows, questioning what he told those kids of his.

"She's lovely! Now I know why-" William placed hand on Liz's shoulder and didn't let her finish her statement. I couldn't help but wonder what she was going to say.

"Ha, yes, I agree. Well, Elizabeth why don't you go and play with Chris and Micheal?" William started gesturing his kids to leave, his face rather flustered by the situation.

"Aww, fine. But me and Ms. Y/N will be having a tea party later!" She smiled and skipped away with the other two kids. I eased a bit at their cute manner. He did have sweet kids from what I saw. I just didn't know how.

"Your kids are so cute." I glanced at Afton with a calming gaze, impressed. William looked back at me and it seemed like he had a genuine smile on his face, for once.

"Yes, they have taken a liking to you. You should come over for dinner tonight." He threw me off with this. I had just gotten over my judgement on him and it was back again. Why would I go eat dinner at his house when I just met him?

However, it was free food.

"Um, sure. I guess I'll get to have that tea party now." I grinned at William, unsure of my decision, and he grinned back. Something about him was different. It was as if the creepiness was never there and he was just some nice father. Single father. Disgusted, I shook the unwanted thought away and focused on his innocent expression.

"Great! I'll drive you to my place after work." I forgot I didn't bring my car, again, and now I had to go to his house in this ugly uniform. It was going to be another long day.

"Sounds good, but I don't have any spare clothes here so I hope this is okay." Williams eyes lit up.

"Oh don't worry I have some here, I can bring them to you when the place closes." I didn't feel very confident about that. I don't want to wear some strangers clothes, especially my bosses. But I felt bad saying no. Especially since he was making dinner for me.

"Oh ok, thanks. I assume we are going right from the pizzeria?"

"Yes, we'll have to take my kids with us, unfortunately. " He wrapped his arm around his neck and chuckled. I smirked a bit at the crappy joke, still feeling a bit awkward, and let out a giggle.

"I don't mind! I love your kids anyways." He perked from that and took his hands away from his neck and stared at me. All previous humor on his face was erased, his face deadpanned.

"Good, I'll see you at 7 dear." He walked away with a smile plastered to his face. I just nodded and kept a smile. A part of me not bothered by the name anymore. That was the worst part.

I went back to cleaning and tried my best to not think about William.

———

It was now officially 7. His kids came over to me often towards the day but they were quickly dragged away by William. We didn't talk much after they came over to me so I didn't really mind seeing his kids. Dropping the topic, I knocked on Afton's door and awaited a response.

"Come in." He spoke in a soft tone.

"Hey, you ready?" After I said that, William was quick to spring up out of his chair and walk over to me.

"You seem happy." He gave me a questionable look that could pass as flirtatious.

"Yeah yeah, just to see your kids." He smirked and walked out of his office, coming back momentarily with a pile of clothes in his hands. They actually looked nice and they weren't purple! It was just plain black sweatpants with a white t-shirt. Not anything formal, but better than that ugly shirt I have to put on for the establishment.

"Thanks, I'm going to go change. I'll see you at the lobby." Afton simply nodded and gestured his hand for me to go through the doorway, which I did. He followed behind and went the opposite directions to the arcade, presumably to get his children. I went to the locker room to change.

Looking through the mirror, it actually wasn't too baggy. It looked pretty good on me. I adjusted my shirt, then put my hair down as to look more neat, and walked back out of locker room. There, at the main entrance, I saw William holding hands with his daughter and his sons next to him. It was an adorable siting. Mainly the kids.

"Yay! Ms. Y/N is coming with us!" This time the little boy, I remember his name being Chris, and Liz perked up along with him. The older one had a smirk, whom I didn't speak much to, wasn't as happy as the others.

"You ready?" William asked me.

"Yep let's go-" before I could finish Williams daughter grabbed my hand casually and dragged me with her. William noticed and looked up try and see my reaction. I personally thought it was cute so I looked down at Liz's hand and walked out to the parking lot with her. I felt William staring at me, but I couldn't tell if he was happy or not, because he was behind me. I just hoped he wasn't angry or anything. The girl skipped playfully and had a smile on the whole time.

I was starting to get more comfortable around the Afton family. And as much as I hate to admit it, William didn't seem so creepy anymore.