Chapter 7: Creepy Janitor

Breakfast was actually as nice as dinner, William and I had meaningless conversations with his kids, and it went surprisingly smooth. He dropped his kids off to school after we ate and then gave me a ride to the pizzeria. The ride wasn't as talkative like our one from earlier, but the silence wasn't as awkward this time.

"Follow me, Y/N. I'll show you to the spare uniforms." William spoke.

I followed behind him as he led me into another one of the darkly-lit rooms, similar to the locker room I had been in.

He gave me, unfortunately, another purple security guard shirt and normal black leggings. It was strange how he knew what size I was, but I shrugged it off and changed as he left me alone. The time was 8:02 AM when I finished. Which meant my shift had started.

Without looking for Afton, I left the room he took me to and went back to the main area, preparing for my shift. I hadn't noticed William yet, so I decided to just complete the checklist on my own. That is, until, I ran into another co-worker of mine.

"Are you a worker here, young lady?" I turned around to see a older man, who was staring down at me. He had a janitors uniform on with unkept, dark-brown hair, followed by dark, brown eyes. His hair had tips of grey, and he was seemingly tall. Nothing compared to William though.

"Yeah. My names Y/N. It's nice to meet you." I was trying my best to sound friendly and hide my fear. Though, the man was giving me creepier vibes than William himself.

"My names Paul. Do you got a little boyfriend working here with you?" This question caught me off guard. I watched his body step a bit closer to my own, and at this point, I already knew what he wanted from me.

"No, just working. Which I should be getting back to..." I hinted my leave, hoping the man would leave me be.

"Sure thing, sweetie. I won't keep you."

I didn't say anything more as I walked away from Paul, quicker than normal. I kept looking at him as I was walking away, he always stared back. I hadn't realized where I was walking and shortly after I bumped into William Afton. Although, he seemed to have expected the impact. He stared in the direction I was previously looking, with a very intimidating look on his face, a serious look. He looked over at me than at the janitor.

"What did he say to you?" He spoke in a more demanding tone. I took my eyes off William and looked back at Paul, only to see him cleaning with pure innocence.

"He was asking me a few questions." I said unsurely, William definitely knew something about that man.

"Let me know if he does anything." He looked back at Paul, holding a frown, then shortly after walked away. He still had that serious look plastered on his face, but it was nice to be cared for. Even if it was from another fellow creep. I quickly got back to work and started cleaning, making sure to stay away from the janitor.

Most of the day just consisted of cleaning. It was odd though, I hadn't seen Afton the whole day. I was going to go check up on him, but I shrugged it off. I didn't know him that well anyway, and he looked to be in a bad mood, last I saw him. I finished my daily chores and continued to watch over the kids running frantically.

The time was now 7:11 PM. The pizzeria had closed and I still hadn't seen William since the morning. I was a bit concerned, but I didn't really know his daily routine so I thought it might be normal for him to do to this.

Most of the day was made up of mothers complaining about the establishment. Besides that I just cleaned. I decided since I finished my chores, I was just going to walk home. I couldn't rely on Afton to give me a ride everyday anyway. And it would be rude of me to do so.

I said my goodbyes to Henry before leaving and then made my way through the door. I still had no car, but I couldn't necessarily take it to get fixed because it wouldn't start. I would probably have to call someone to fix it at my house, or get it towed when I had the time. 

Walking home was scary, but it wasn't too bad. There were a lot of cars so I knew I wasn't in any real danger. I would hope that a witness driving by would be enough to stop someone harming me.

When I got home I made myself some microwaved dinner and then watched tv. It was a usual night for me, I hopped in the shower and then put on my hello kitty pajamas. Afterwards, I walked towards my bed, and put my phone on my nightstand, shutting my eyes and drifting off to sleep. My sleepy thoughts were occupied by the mysterious absence of William.

William POV:
I crept into Y/N's house through the window. I laughed to myself at how easy it was. She didn't even lock the windows. It was a long day and I just wanted to see her. I hadn't seen her all day but I didn't want to seem clingy or crazy by offering her a ride home.

I knew she was asleep because of how late it was so I walked towards her bedroom and watched her for a bit. She looked peaceful. I find it ironic at my inability to kill her. I desperately needed more remnant but I somehow found this girl more valuable than my life's research. In fact, I didn't know how much longer I can stop myself from behaving erratically. Especially with that disgusting janitor.

After a while, I left Y/N's house. I was going to come up with an idea to let that janitor know to back off. I had just the idea. I decided I would sneak back into
Y/N's house again tomorrow night and execute my plan.