Chapter 51: Henry Vs Dave Showdown

"Relationships here are highly unprofessional,
Y/N, and Mr. Miller."

"Cockblocker..." I elbowed Dave. He coughed shortly after to cover his insult. Henry just shot him a glare.

"It's not what you think, Henry." I sighed. Definitely not getting that raise now...

"Really? Then what were you two doing on top of each other?!" He scolded.

"He was on top of me!" I exclaimed. Henry raised a brow as Dave smirked.

"Did you harass Y/N, you motherfucker?!" Oh, this was getting good. Henry had always been overprotective with me. I remember him being like this with William. Probably due to his relationship with my father, but either way, I wasn't going to stop this. It was too funny.

"What? No. I would never do that." Dave's face was stern and serious. That's when I knew he meant business.

"Just stay off each other. I don't need another guy like William flirting with Y/N..." Henry groaned. I felt a ping in my heart at his words. He spoke of William so harshly, and yeah, he deserved it. But he wasn't as heartless as people think.

"What's my relationship with Y/N have to do with you?" Dave narrowed his eyes. I had to admit, he certainly had guts to stand up to Henry like that. Henry was the boss...and he was a nobody. But did he seriously just say we were in a relationship?!

"Relationship?! Y/N is none of your concern, so stay away from her! She's practically my daughter!" The achey feeling in my heart faded and was replaced with melting. Henry had never said that before and he certainly hadn't been acting like it. Nonetheless, I was ecstatic to hear him say that, because in all truth, I thought of him as a father figure.

"You don't need to be so overprotective, Henry!" Holy shit. He just called him by his first name?! I'll be surprised if Dave isn't fired right now...

"That's Mr. Emily to you, Dave." He hissed.

"Alright, can we stop fighting? We'll keep this thing professional, Henry." I finally broke the two up. They were growling at each at this point and even leaning over the table.

"You better. You two are dismissed." As I began to walk out, and Dave followed behind me he was tugged back my Henry.

"No. You wait till she leaves." I chuckled at his behavior but I found it heartwarming. I hadn't had someone to care for me like this in a while, and it felt good.

Dave stayed behind as I walked out towards my car. I'm glad he didn't catch up to me because I had a lot to think about, and it all involved him. I needed to discover my feelings and what I want with him, because he clearly wants something from me.

~

Dave POV:

"Mr. Emily, I assure you that I will take care of
Y/N."

"Cut the shit, William. I'm not blind." That makes one of you. Still, I was hoping it would be Y/N to notice me first. Henry still didn't exactly...like me.

"How'd you know?" I sat back in my chair.

"Your appearance is still similar, and your voice is the same. Be honest, does Y/N know or is she seriously oblivious?" Henry questioned rather annoyed. I was quite surprised he wasn't flipping his shit on me. I killed his daughter...and I didn't have much regret.

"She has no idea." I sighed. I was sure Henry was going to call on the police on me, then I'd just have to start all over again with a new identity. I don't know how much more names I could come up with...

There was a long pause, and I knew what he was thinking about. Of course, I'd never be honest with him because he would certainly call the cops, but a part of me still felt slight pity for him.

"...William, why'd you kill my daughter?" Those words stung. I didn't really know how to answer without hurting Henry. He wouldn't want to know the truth, I'd just have to come up with the believable lie. Which I was very good at.

"Henry, do you remember Vincent?" His eyes widened.

"Y-yes." This was almost too easy.

"He killed Charlie. Henry, I could never do that to you..." I put on my poker face and held a guilty looking face. I just hope those voices would keep their mouths shut.

"Do you expect me to believe that?!" Henry slammed his fists into the table.

Definitely wasn't expecting that reaction.

"I'm telling the truth, Henry!" I growled. Internally grinning on the inside. Bless my genetics for giving me the ability to be a pathological liar.

"The knife's fingerprints go back to you!" Fuck. He caught me there. Luckily, I wasn't that easy to defeat.

"Vincent framed me! He framed me with the other murders too!" Henry and I were now inches away from each other. Part of me was just rambling, but there was some truth to my statement. I didn't do all the murders.

"You are pathetic, William Afton. Blaming your brother for your actions." Henry backed away in disgust. I grit my teeth holding back the urge to slit my best friends throat.

"I'm not lying." I spat out between my clenched teeth. Henry's face was boiling as he listened. It was pointless he wasn't going to buy it. Even if it was true.

"YOU EXPECT ME TO BELIEVE THAT? YOU SON OF A BITCH!"

Before I could react, Henry had punched me across the face. I stumbled back and hit against the wall, rubbing my eye. He definitely got stronger since last time. But I'll be dammed if he thinks I won't put up a fight.

"You wanna fucking go, bitch?!" I clenched my fist before shoving Henry into the wall. He hit his head hard but not hard enough. If I didn't succeed I'd just use my gun or knife, whatever fit the occasion. The two of us continued to punch, kick, and shove each other until he started to do a number on me. I chose the knife, more fun.

He was just going to get in my way, anyway.