Chapter 37: Under the Stars

That voice. It kept coming back. Ever since the incident in William's workshop the voices haven't left me alone. I thought I was going crazy, it's only been 2 days since but I couldn't take it anymore. The sprits were around a lot more than usual and they were practically haunting me. I don't know how William does it, but I haven't told him about it yet. I haven't talked to him much since his confession and I surely wasn't going to start now.

"Stop him."

"Save us."

"Beware the scooper."

Scooper? That was something new. Like ice cream? Why would I need to fear that? After I heard that I had assumed I went mad and called Henry for a sick day. Thankfully, Nick was there so he agreed to cover for me. If these sprits were to come when I was at Freddy's I wouldn't know what to do. I can barely control myself, as is.

William seemed concerned when I had called Henry for a sick day. He knew it was unusual for me to take days off a work, since I unfortunately have known him for a long time. I have grown attached to William, however, that doesn't stop me from being disgusted by him. He was a murderer after all...

"You can fix that."

I groaned in response. They had been continuously saying this for a while now. I had grown used to this, but I never understood how I was supposed to 'change' William. Wasn't it too late anyway?

Wilburt: Why aren't you coming to work?

Y/N: I don't feel good.

Wilburt: Is it your arm?

Y/N: No, I just don't feel good.

Wilburt: Okay. I'll be checking in on you later, though.

I shut off my phone and sighed. Now, I would have to fake being sick, and I knew William would have a hard time believing me because he was a genius. Probably how he got away with murder...

I sat on my couch and turned on the TV, trying to ignore the sprits as I wasted away.

————

"Y/N?" William was shaking me awake. The sky was dark, and I realized I had fallen asleep on my couch.

"William? What are you doing here? How'd you even get in..?" I sat up.

"I have my ways..." William chuckled.

"You always say that." I muttered.

"How are you feeling, darling?" I knew he was just trying to change the topic but I let him. I don't even think I wanna know the answer to my question...I shivered as I turned my attention back to William.

"Better."

"So you can come to work tomorrow?"

"What? Um, no." My voice was mere seconds away from cracking, as I tried my best to lie.

"What doesn't feel good?" William huffed.

"My head?" Technically, I wasn't lying...

"Like migraines?" William questioned as he placed his hand on my shoulder.

"Yeah..."

"Alright. Do you want ice or medicine?" Medicine won't fix this. I rolled my eyes, hoping William
wouldn't notice.

"No, I'm fine."

"Listen, Y/N. I know you're lying." William's tone turned serious as he hovered above me.

"And how do you know that?" I asked, mischievously.

"Because I've been hearing the children too." I sat there, eyes wide and in total shock. How does he know all of this?

"How...how did you know?" I hesitated.

"If I see them, you usually do." William sighed.

"What have they been saying to you..?" I spoke up.

"They were going on about Circus Baby's, and they kept warning me about the scooper."

"They said something about a scooper to me too."
William looked up at me, intently.

"That's odd. That means something happens in the scooping room or with Circus Baby..." William seemed lost in thought.

"William..?" I asked fearfully.

"Yes, love?"

"Why does Baby have a scooper?" I had now assumed the scooper was some sort of weapon, due to all the warnings and the scooping room.

"It's a design flaw. It was the only way to keep her stable without her gears breaking." I couldn't tell if William was telling the truth or not, so I just nodded my head.

"I think both of us need a distraction, love." I furrowed my brows, questioning Williams intentions.

"What do you have in mind?" I sat up from the couch.

"Let me take you out." I froze. Like a date? We had only been on one of those and I wasn't even sure it counted. It had been so long since we last went 'out' together. Maybe he just means to hangout?

"Okay. Where are we going?" William's eyes glowed.

"You'll see, darling. You don't need to change we can just go now." I held a confused look on my face but followed William out the door. Maybe he's going to take me to the woods and shoot me. I shook away the thought and entered the car beside William.

It was a normal car ride. William and I were making occasional small talk. We decided we would discuss the sprits later because William didn't want to 'ruin the night.' I agreed because I would rather not discuss the topic either, so I let William talk to me about other things like Circus Baby's and his children.

William suddenly stopped in the middle of nowhere. I had to admit, I panicked. Was William really going to kill me? I was joking! I hid my fear and hesitantly asked William why we were here.

"William, why'd you stop?" I muttered.

"This is our stop." William got out of the car and opened my door. I hesitantly left the car. We were by a lake, and there were trees everywhere. I would've deemed this place somewhat romantic if I didn't think William was trying to slaughter me. William gestured me to follow him, which I did. This'll probably kill me...

It was dark out, and the stars were reflecting off the lake. I had to admit, William did a good job picking the spot, but I was still paranoid and I didn't let my guard down. William sat down on the grass, and I did the same. The two of us, by the lake, looking at the stars.

"It's beautiful..." I watched the stars, mesmerized.

"Do you like it?" William grinned.

"I love it! Thanks, William." Maybe he wasn't going to kill me..?

"Y/N?"

"Yeah?"

"I need to tell you something..."