Chapter 48: Annoying Employee

I had been working with...Dave, for a few days now, and he's been very fucking annoying.

First, he acts like he's the boss around here! He's such a know-it-all too! Every time I mess something up he scolds me! I'm his boss! Why the hell is he acting like he's in charge?!

Second, he's been way too clingy. Like, I'll be cleaning and he just marches on over and tries to talk to me. I know we went out for coffee, but I don't even count that as a date! Why the hell is he acting like this?

Right now, I'm trying to avoid the annoying ass man as I hid in the employees only room. I was quietly sipping on my cup of coffee when another man I hate, Nick, walked in.

"Heh, hey, Y/N." Nick smirked. God, I hated his guts. Ever since he teased me about...him, I never forgave him. Especially because the thing he was teasing me about was right behind me!

"It's rude not to answer your friend, y'know." I shot a glare at him as a warning to back off.

"Geez, what's wrong with you?" Nick walked over to the table and sat next to me.

"It's the new employee, Nick. He's draining me!" Over exaggerating, I banged my head into the table and laid on it as Nick stared at me with concern.

"Dave? He seems pretty quiet to me." Now this intrigued me. Quiet? Dave? Those two do not match. Especially when he's with me.

"Hilarious. But in all seriousness, he's pissing me off." I sat up from my slouched position and rubbed my forehead.

"That's too bad because he's coming."

"WHAT? Hide me!"

"Hey, Dave! Over here!"

As I was about to bitch slap Nick, Dave waltzed in with his usual cocky smirk on his face. As handsome as it was, I was still getting over William and he was just too damn annoying to go out with.

"Did you need something, Nick?" Dave walked over to the coffee station and grabbed a cup for himself.

"Nope. Y/N and I were talking and we figured to invite everyone." I'm definitely going to slash his tires later. Growling, I clutched onto my mug before chugging the coffee entirely. I was going to need it if I was talking to Dave.

"Oh, really? I was looking for Y/N anyway." Dave sat down at our table and shot me a cheeky smirk. I glared in response.

"Would you look at that? My breaks over! Oh well, see you later, Y/N!" Nick sprang up from the table before I could yell, Don't leave me with him! I banged my head onto the table again as he walked out.

"Is something wrong, love?" Dave chuckled.

"Yes, you." I turned my head so I was facing Dave.

He was very aware of my hatred towards him. He just simply didn't care. Once he kept prying too much about my life, I decided I didn't like him. Since then, he's just been bothersome.

"Are you unhappy with my work? I've done all my chores and I fixed Funtime Freddy yesterday. If anything I deserve a raise." Yeah, right.

"Pfft, I don't even get a raise, and I've stuck with Henry since the beginning! I doubt you'll get one for just doing a little extra work." I nearly choked on my own laughter as I sat up and giggled at him. He, however, continued to hold that sly grin.

"Oh? Is that why Mr. Emily is giving me double my paycheck on Friday?" Okay, my laughter stopped immediately. Now, I was fuming. THIS MOTHER FUCKER?! SERIOUSLY?! AFTER ALL SHIT HE PUT ME THROUGH!

"ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?!" I erupted. Dave chuckled as I continued my rant. "That bastard put me in a fucking springlock suit and this is what I get?!"

Of course, I never blamed Henry for that but I'm going to hold it against him if he's doing this.

"Maybe my tons of money can finally take you out on a date." Dave winked.

"In your dreams. I already explained this to you, Dave." My anger now shifted into frustration.

"It's one date, darling. That doesn't mean you gave up on, William." Dave sighed.

"I don't want to betray him like that. He could still be out there." Dave's expression was unreadable but mine was full of sadness. Why does he always have to keep mentioning him?

"That's true. But I don't think William would want you to suffer like this." His words stung like a knife. But I knew deep down he was probably right.

"I guess you're right. But still, I don't know if I can do this. It feels like I'm back-stabbing him." I shut my eyes as I felt another hand lay atop of mine.

"You're not betraying him, love. I think he cares more if you're happy." I looked at our hands, and thought for a minute. He is probably right. But it still hurts...

"Do you mean this, or are you just trying to get me on a date?"

"Could it be both?" Dave chuckled. I furrowed my brows as he cleared his throat. "Seriously, it's what he would want."

"How would you know that? You don't know him like I do."

"You have no idea, Y/N..."