Chapter 4: Dinner With the Aftons

The car ride was pretty loud, the children were constantly talking but mostly about nothing important. There were times where they would whisper and look at me, but I tried to not let it get to me. They probably just didn't have guests around much.

When we pulled into Williams house it actually looked really nice. It appeared to be at least two floors and seemed really fancy. It was better than my crappy apartment. Once the car came to a complete stop, the three little Afton's quickly hopped out of the car in delight and anticipation. And when I turned to open my door, William opened it from the outside for me.

I paused for a second in a state of shock, then mumbled a 'thanks' and stepped out.
William was about to reply to me, but his daughter ran back towards us, jumping up and down with a huge smile.

"Miss Y/N! Miss Y/N! Follow me, I wanna show you my toys!" Elizabeth grabbed my hand and before I knew it, she had practically dragged me inside their house.

I looked back at William but he just stood there chuckled. I wanted to say something else to Afton, but Elizabeth continued to pull at my hand, and upwards for the staircase.

Elizabeth took me up to what seemed to be her room. It was bright pink, and everything was girly with dolls, toys, and pink everywhere. She had a really nice room, it represented her personality pretty well. She gestured for me to sit on the floor, so I complied.

"Michael doesn't like playing so please play with me Miss Y/N!" She grabbed some stuff animals and brought them on the floor where us two were sitting. She began mimicking their voices and making the animals move, so I went along with it. She had the brightest smile on her face, and it made me happy to see her like this. She really was such a sweet kid.

After a while William came up into the room, it was probably an hour after I entered the house, he looked at the two of us playing for a few moments without saying anything. A bright smile edged upon his face at the sight of us getting along. I didn't know how to feel about that.

"Hey Elizabeth, dinners ready. Why don't you and Y/N clean up?" Elizabeth groaned but a smile was replaced quickly after as the two of us grabbed the stuff animals and cleaned the mess on the floor. William left with a smirk and went back downstairs.

"Can we still have the tea party later?" She looked up at me with an adorable expression, a stuff animal in her hand. It was becoming more difficult to say no to the Afton family.

"If it's okay with your dad, of course."

"Yay! I'm sure he'll say 'yes' cause daddy really likes you." She turned away and placed her stuff animal back on her bed, not questioning what she just told me. I looked at her in complete confusion, wondering what she meant by that, and how she would know that.

Before I could say anything Elizabeth once again grabbed my hand and dragged me down the stairs with her. I sat down between her and the little boy, who I remember his name being Chris. His eyes went to my figure when I sat down, and I gave him a friendly smile in reassurance.
The older one, Michael, was right next to Chris and he even had a bit of a smirk on his face. I hadn't talked much to the other two kids yet, and I wanted to get to know them too.

"You guys should join me and Elizabeth later, we're having a tea party." I wanted to include the other two so no one was left out. Even if it was childish for Michael, I'm sure he would appreciate the invite.

Chris looked pretty excited, with a abrupt nod at my question. Michael was better at hiding his emotions, but still seemed happy with my words. Staring at the boy now, he looked a lot like his father. Maybe just a younger version. It was very bizarre.