Chapter 27: The Warning

"Shut up, Wilburt." I tried my best to ruin Williams mood, but his face was still holding that mischievous smirk. I, so badly wanted to get out of this conversation and go anywhere else but here, but William just wanted to continue even more.

"You're pretty rude towards someone you think is hot, love." William let out a chuckle, whilst I tried my best to avoid eye contact.

"I only said that because he wouldn't stop talking about you and I." I scrambled to come up with an excuse, hoping William wouldn't see right through it. But the truth is, William was actually really good looking, but I didn't want him to know that I think that.

"Yes, I heard. Don't you think a wedding is a bit too soon?" William asked sarcastically, but flirtatiously. He seemed to enjoy my embarrassment, as I awkwardly shifted in the chair.

"Shut it. He was only joking." I finally let myself stare back at William. Who leaned on the shelf, seeming proud of himself.

"Oh, but I'm not." William let out a laugh, as I furrowed my brows in confusion. What isn't he joking about? I trailed off into my own thoughts, and William seemed to take notice when he stopped laughing.

"Anyways, Chris's party is tomorrow, so can you help me decorate the place?" I sighed in relief, thankful that the conversation was over and nodded my head. I followed William over to one of the storage rooms and grabbed birthday decorations. The two of us went back and forth between the storage room and the main area for the next two hours. I was avoiding him as much as possible. Although, it seemed like William was trying to do the opposite.

I noticed William had been trying to get close enough to me, to say something, but I would quickly scramble back to the storage room. I was still embarrassed about earlier and decided to try my best to avoid conversation. The only one I wanted to chat with was Nick.

Once all the decorations were set up, William told me he was going to go clean SpringBonnie. I would've offered to help, but I refuse to be alone in a room with William. I didn't want him to bring up the topic again, so I decided to clean the arcade room. The place had closed by now anyways, so it was just me in the arcade area, or so I thought.

When I was cleaning one of the claw machines, I heard clattering from behind me. Before I could look, a voice spoke out from the dark. The lights had been off and the only source of light was the dimly lit light in the corner, which I was nowhere near.

"Save him." I jumped at the voice. It was ominous and deep. It sounded like something you'd hear in a horror movie. I couldn't make out what was saying this, so I decided to answer back.

"Save who..?" I asked frightfully.

"Don't take your eyes off, Chris." I backed away even more from the voice. How did they know who Chris was? What was going to happen to him? The figure seemed to notice my fear and went more into detail about the situation.

"I will not harm you, I am warning you. Chris will die tomorrow. It's up to you to stop that." Die?!?! I simply thought I was dreaming at this point. Chris wouldn't die, would he..?

"Who are you, and how can I believe you?!" I yelled into the air. The figure remained still.

"My existence is irrelevant to you. You must believe me, there'll be consequences if you don't, save him." The voice put more emphasis on the 'save him' part as I trembled in fear. Whether this was a dream or not, I decided I would definitely stick by Chris tomorrow.

Before I could say anything more, I felt another figure come up from behind me. Everything started spinning as I felt black fingertips, touch my shoulder. They weren't human fingers. I gasped in shock, as I blacked out and fell to the floor.

————

"Y/N? Y/N!" I was shook awake by William shouting my name. He was currently crouched over my figure, laying on the floor. I gasped for air as I sat up and put my hand to my head, reminding myself of what just happened.

"What happened? Are you alright?" William held a concerned look and tone on his face and voice. I was still going through the events of what had occurred, but decided to keep to myself about it.

"Y-yes..." I spat out weakly.

What happened?" This time I asked William this question. Although, I knew he wouldn't have an answer.

"I don't know...I heard a bang and when I found you, you were passed out on the floor." William answered quickly. He seemed to be pretty anxious about the whole situation, which surprised me. I noticed he was fidgeting with his own hands, and he held a worried look on his face.

"I'm fine..." I managed to say, but I wasn't. The world was still spinning and I was extremely dizzy. I was still dazed from the fall and the figure, startled, mostly.

"No. You're not, we're going home." Before I could protest, William picked me up, bridal style and started walking to the exit with me in his arms. If I weren't so dizzy, I would've been blushing in embarrassment and questioning the fact he said 'we're going home', like it was meant for the both of us, but I struggled to keep my eyes open, and I was constantly fighting consciousness.

"William..."

"What's wrong? Does anything hurt?" He asked frightened. He looked down at my pale figure and he held a guilty look on his face, although, I could tell he was still saddened by the whole situation.

"I'm going to sleep, now." I put a smile on my face, as I finally lost the battle with consciousness and passed out again. The last thing I saw was William's panicked expression, trying to stop me.