Chapter 26: Charming

When we finished breakfast, William and I headed over to the pizzeria. He told me he wouldn't be around much today, because Chris's party is tomorrow and he wanted to prepare. I was actually grateful to this, cause I wanted a chance to interact with other employees. Besides, I had been getting on William's nerves in the car anyways.

"How old are you, Willy?" I said his name as an insult. He cringed at the nickname.

"Please never say that again." He answered in disgust, I let out a giggle.

"C'mon. Tell me, Wilburt!" This time William fully shifted his body towards me, looking me up and down. I burst into laughter.

"I'll tell you if you stop using those nicknames." He was nearly gritting his teeth.

"Why? You give me nicknames."

"When have I done such a thing?" He asked sarcastically.

"Just tell me your age, love." I put all my emphasis on the 'love' part. Although, I didn't get the reaction I was expecting.

"Now that's a lot better." William said cheerfully, whilst I rolled my eyes.

"Okay, okay, I'm 27." He said bluntly.

"Really? I thought you were much older."

"You need to learn manners, Y/N." He shook his head in disapproval.

"Not everyone is like you, mr crumpets and tea." His eye twitched at the last part.

"Keep this up and you'll be punished." He answered coldly, but held a psychotic tone. I furrowed my brows at the statement. Not truly understanding what he meant. I shook it off and decided to stop talking for the remainder of the ride.

About 5 minutes later we arrived at the pizzeria. As usual, William held the doors opened for me, but instead of conversing with me, he went straight towards his office. I assumed he was still annoyed about the car ride and went to do my morning work.

When I finished cleaning the animatronics I wanted to try speaking to other employees. I didn't exactly trust most of them, especially after the janitor thing, but I tried finding the ones that looked nicer. Eventually, near the prize counter, stood a man who looked to be around my age. He had blonde hair, with brown eyes. He was around 6"0, and wore the same uniform as myself. No thanks to William, I dug this up in the locker room. I made my way over towards him, he quickly noticed and put a smile on his face.

"Hey! You're Y/N, right?" The man asked cheerfully. I was surprised he knew my identity and didn't run away like the others. I wanted to confront him about that.

"Yep. What's your name?" I answered matching his energy.

"Nicholas, but you can just call me Nick."

"It's nice to actually have a conversation with somebody..." I decided to bring up the topic.

"What do you mean?" He asked with curiosity.

"Everyone runs away from me. Apparently, the boss tells them to stay away." Nick let out a sigh.

"Yeah I could care less what Afton thinks..." so it was William saying this...

"Good, cause I like having a conversation with an actual human being." We both let out a chuckle.

"Yeah, I understand. Mr. Afton, is cold towards all of us..." I raised my brow in confusion.

"Really..?" I asked intrigued.

"Yeah, I have barely spoken to him before. He hates talking to employees below him." Aren't I, a employee below him?

"He gets along with me just fine?" Nick seemed shocked by what I just said. His eyes were widened.

"That's strange. He never attaches himself to staff..." He trailed off in thought.

"Anyways, I have to go fix some arcade machines. Want to help me?" I gratefully accepted his offer and walked over to the arcade room. It felt nice to actually talk to someone who wasn't William. I needed a break, and it also made me realize how strange William is.

About 2 hours later, Nick and I finished fixing the arcade machines and the pizzeria was about to open. We were currently standing near the stage, both of us leaning against the wall, waiting for customers to flow in. I had made sure we didn't run into William the whole day, although, I did feel watched.

Over the course of the 2 hours, Nick and I had gotten to know each other pretty well. I learned he likes cars, he grew up in a town around Hurricane, and he was 24. I also learned he had a crush on one of the other workers here. Which I continued to tease him about.

"So how old is the mystery lady?"

"She's 26..." he mumbled in annoyance.

"Can I be the wingman?" He rolled his eyes.

"As long as you invite me to you and Mr. Aftons, wedding." He returned the favor back. I stood there in complete shock.

"What. Did. You. Just. Say." I asked in slight disgust, but more anger.

"He doesn't get close with anyone! Never mind let them stay the night!" I tried to speak up for myself but he continued.

"When's the wedding? What are you naming your little Afton children?" He teased.

"He already has kids-"

"Aha! You admit it!"

"What? No I don't-"

"Y/N, Afton. It has a nice ring to it! Speaking of rings, where's yours with Mr. Afton?" I was fuming with rage.

"Shut up! None of those things are happening!" I yelled in anger.

"Just admit it." He pushed my limits even more.

"Okay, I admit. Maybe he's hot, and charming, with cute kids...but he's my boss!" What we weren't aware of, was the figure standing right behind us.

"Then you're having an affair with the boss!" He giggled which only made me more red than before.

"He doesn't like me like that!" I yelled.

"Oh, but you like him like that~"

"I'M GONNA KILL YOU!" Before I could pounce on Nick, I felt myself being tugged away. I waved my arms in the air trying to break free from the persons grasp, but I stopped when I realized who was pulling me towards their office. It was William. The man had overheard our whole conversation.

"WILLIAM, LET ME STRANGLE HIM!" I yelped.

"Nope. You're coming to my office." He answered surprisingly cheerfully. I groaned and let myself be pulled away into his room.

I sat down on the chair parallel to Williams, trying to avoid eye contact. I hoped he hadn't heard as much of our conversation as I thought, but I was wrong.

"So...hot and charming, huh?"