Chapter 14: Stumbling Drunk

I woke up in one of William's guest rooms. He must've put me here when I fell asleep. I blushed at the kind gesture and quickly got up and went downstairs.

It was early. The time read, 3:48 AM. Why did I wake up so early? I figured it was because I fell asleep earlier than usual. I was going to knock on William's door but I saw a figure in the kitchen downstairs. I walked towards the figure only to find William, barely conscious, with multiple empty beer bottles all over the table. His head was on the table and his eyes quickly darted towards me when he heard me. He was drunk.

His words came out slurred, "Hey darling! Did you tuck our kids in?" He must be mistaking me for Clara...

"William it's me Y/N. I'm not Clara, you're drunk let's go." I tried pulling William up from the table, but all I could get him to do was sit up straight, he was wobbling and he gave me a huge grin.

"I know you're not Clara!" He said slurred. Why would this man need to get drunk? Maybe because of Clara. I sighed and sat down parallel to William. There was no point in trying to help him physically, he was twice my size.

"Okay William, we should get you to your bed. Can you get up?" I tried asking without sounding annoyed but I failed. He noticed my frustration and let out a chuckle.

"Nope! I want to stay with you~" this time he answered flirtatiously. I knew he was drunk, but I was wondering why he was flirting so much. He would usually of taken the hint by now.

"William we have work tomorrow. It's almost 4 AM, let's go." I said sternly. He only smirked even more at my attempt of dominance.

"I'll go on one condition." He barely managed to blurt his sentence out without losing his balance.

"And what is that?" I answered with frustration.

"You have to sleep with me." What. How much alcohol has this man had? He's my boss! My cheeks flushed red and William laughed frantically.

"William I'm not Clara for the last time." I was hoping he was still assuming I was his ex-wife.

"I know who you are, darling~" I groaned. But secretly I was a little flattered by William.

"Sure, fine, whatever gets you to sleep." William stood up from the chair and leaned on me for support. We stumbled towards his bedroom and somehow made it without falling. I placed William on the bed, hoping he would forget our promise, but right when I was about to leave I felt someone grab my wrist.

"We made a deal remember, Y/N?" He's going to be so hungover tomorrow. I can't wait to see that morning regret. That was my only motivation of the night, because I knew tomorrow was going to be extremely awkward for the both of us.

"William, you're my boss..." he let out a groan, and pulled me onto the bed. I sat there and looked at William, he sat up and looked back at me with a grin. He stared at my eyes for what felt like ages, before he leaned in. Is he trying to kiss me?! My face remained confused as he leaned in closer, our faces were inches away when suddenly, a child came bursting through the door. We both pulled away immediately. It seemed as if William gained part of his normal consciousness back.

We stared at the child, it was Micheal. He looked a little surprised to see us sitting together on Williams bed, but I could tell more important things were going on. Tears were in Micheal's eyes and I pulled away from Williams grip on my wrist. He let me. I walked Micheal out the door and William gazed at me, his cheeks were lighting up the room. Was he aware of his actions? Were we going to kiss if Micheal didn't walk in?

Me and Micheal were out in the hallway when he pulled me into a tight hug. I hugged him back. Once the hug was done, I wiped the tears off his face and he grabbed my hand. I walked him back to his room, no words said.

I tucked Micheal back in, and he looked at me with less fear. He gave me a quick smile and I sang him a quick lullaby to calm him down. I knew Micheal was old, but he still enjoyed my singing. He drifted back to sleep shortly after, and I left his room. That's when William fell back into my mind. Do I have to go back to his room? I shook my head and walked to the guest room, hoping William would be blacked out by now. I laid down on my bed and let out a huge sigh. I couldn't help but think about what just happened. But my thoughts were interrupted shortly after when I saw William opening my door. What does he want now?

"Y/N?" His words weren't slurred as much and I could tell the alcohol was wearing off, which worried me more. I didn't want to deal with the awkwardness till the morning.

"Yeah?" I answered a little scared.

He walked towards me, I couldn't see much but the hallway lights lit up my room, William had a worried expression on his face as he approached me. I was worried about his intentions when suddenly, he reached his hand out for me to grab. I hesitated but grabbed onto his hand and let him pull me up. He looked deep into my eyes and I worried that he was going to try and kiss me again, but instead he spoke in a soft tone.

"Please don't leave us." He hugged me tightly. Obviously still drunk, the stumbling came back as he grasped onto me. I hugged him back reassuringly.

"William, I'm not going to leave." I chuckled, but he only hugged tighter.

"Don't leave me. Please." What could he mean by that?