Chapter 8: Afton to the Rescue

I walked into Freddy's this morning with undying curiosity. I still hadn't seen any sign of William, which is very strange for him. He's usually an eyesore by now. I stepped into Henry's office to get my chores, but really going to see if William was there. I didn't understand why his absence disturbed me so much.

"Hey, Y/N! What can I do for you?" Henry seemed in a rather upbeat mood.

"Hey Henry, I just came to get my daily chores." He got up from his table and gave me a list of things to do, most of them involving cleaning and monitoring children. Thankfully, none of that involved cleaning the bathrooms.

"Thanks Henry. See you later!" He waved back at me, as I walked out through the door. I was heading up onto the stage, to do one of my tasks, when I saw the janitor from yesterday staring at me again. I was starting to get creeped out, and paced faster towards the stage, unfortunately I wasn't quick enough.

"Hey, Y/N, what's got you here so worked up?" He gave me a rather disturbing smirk, and put his right hand on my shoulder. He played it off as a friendly gesture, but I saw through it. It was just him being a pervert.

"I'm doing my chores. No time to talk, sorry." I tried my best to be as polite as possible, but that only encouraged him more.

"Oh c'mon! No one is here to watch us work. Why don't we just fool around for a bit?" He put his other hand around my neck and I whimpered. I tried getting him off me but he pinned me to a wall, and I couldn't fight him off much longer. I closed my eyes accepting my fate, until I heard a loud bang, and I opened them only to see the janitor on the ground.

I looked up and saw William Afton with a shovel. He knocked out the janitor. His expression was cold and he seemed furious at what lied on the floor. He looked up at me and noticed my tears. I was embarrassed by my own crying. I didn't want to cry in front of him.

"I'm sorry I didn't come sooner. Are you alright love?" His look of concern was sincere, and for once I couldn't help but feel extremely enlightened to be in William's presence. I wiped my eyes and nodded.

"Yeah, I'm good. Thank you." I noticed William looking down a the janitor again, I shivered at the thought of him not coming at all. He had actually saved me. I never expected that out of him. Honestly, I was in complete shock right about now.

"I'll deal with him, just go into my office for now. I want to talk to you after I'm done dealing with it." William looked between me and the janitor. I nodded and turned to go into Williams office. I was a bit concerned about what he planned on doing with the janitor, I hadn't even known if he was alive. Though, at this point I didn't care. He deserved whatever was coming to him. A lot of jail time.

About twenty minutes later, Afton finally came into his office. His hair was even messier than earlier but I thought nothing of it. The janitor was probably still unconscious and he had to deal with it. He sat down in his office chair and changed his serious expression into a more calming one.

"I don't think you should be walking to the pizzeria anymore, not after that. I'll pick you up and drop you off from now on. I don't want something like that happening again." I had mixed feelings about this carpool. I know he was just trying to do what was best for me, but riding with him was going to be unbearable.

"You've already done so much for me though, I don't want to be a burden-"

"You're not a burden, darling. I just want to make sure you're safe." My body seemed to have reacted differently than my mind. My cheeks had lightened at his endearing words, and I berated myself for feeling like that.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, I'll be ready to drop you off by 7:30." He smiled at me, it wasn't as creepy as usual. I figured he was most likely just looking out for my safety, and so I lightly smiled back feeling comforted.

"Thanks, really. I don't think I can repay you for what you did for me today." I looked away a little guilty at the fact that I've judged him, just because he acted a bit weirdly. I decided I would try to not be so hostile to him anymore.

"How about you join me and my kids for dinner tomorrow?" Already getting the judgmental thoughts, I fought the urge to resist his offer. He was so inviting towards me.

"Deal." I replied with a grin on my face, attempting to remain calm. I sat up from my seat and started out of the door, and from the corner of my eye, I saw him smiling too.

It hadn't dawned upon me until I was in the eery hallway of the pizzeria that William having a shovel on him was a sign of something very bad.