Chapter 41: Injected

The ambulance took Elizabeth away. William was inside it with her and I was driving to the hospital with Michael and Chris in the car. I felt so guilty, I probably could've prevented this if I checked on the kids last night. I shouldn't of left them...I should've listened to the voices.

"Is Lizzy going to be okay?" Chris spoke up, breaking the silence. Michael seemed to be lost in thought, while I was just trying my best to not break down in front of them. I heard Elizabeth's heart stop. There's no way they can bring her back...

"I'm not sure, Chris..."

—————

When we arrived at the hospital William was no where to be found. I knew he would be sobered up by now, so where could he have possible gone? He told me he would be waiting for us at the entrance but that clearly wasn't the case. I walked inside with Chris and Michael and set out to look for him.

Once we reached the ICU, I told Michael and Chris to go in the waiting room. I didn't want them to see their possible dead sisters body. The nurse at the counter told me Elizabeth's room was room 302 so I went towards the left. Once I reached the room titled '302' I opened it. There, was William. But what he was doing was terrifying. He was injecting something into Elizabeth's IV! I watched in horror as he emptied the purple fluid in the needle. I hoped to God it would help her. When William finished he turned to the door and stared at my petrified face.

"Y/N, it's not what it looks like..." I looked over at Elizabeth. She had no heartbeat. Tubes and wires are hanging from all over her and her body was completely white. I chocked on my own sobs.

"William?! What the fuck! She's dead why are you sticking her with needles?!" I angrily walked over to him. He grabbed my wrists before I could do anything.

"No. She's not." Suddenly, the monitors picked up a very slow heart beat and I saw Elizabeth's chest riding and falling. Her color returned slightly. How?! She died! She was dead for hours! I backed away from William. What was inside his needle...?

"William...what did you do?" I couldn't tell if I was happy or frightened. For now, I made sure to stay far away from him.

"I'll explain later. Go get a doctor!" William yelled, hovering over Elizabeth. As much as I wanted to stay by her side, she needed medical attention. I sprinted out of the room and immediately found the nearest doctor.

"Elizabeth is alive! Help!" I tugged on the man's arm. His eyes widened in shock, and he sprinted back over to the room with me. He let out a gasp before pressing a button in the room and alerting a bunch of nurses. A few seconds later, tons of doctors and nurses came in and stood by Elizabeth's side.

"Her time of death was 13:12! 7 hours ago! How is she alive?" One nurse spoke up, amazed.

"It's a medical miracle!" Another one chirped.

"No...it's not." William muttered beside me. I had forgotten I was standing next to him and immediately pulled him out of the room. We stood in the hallway, glaring at each other.

"William, what the hell did you do?" There was a moment of silence. William just seemed to stare at me. I was hoping he would've forgotten about my disappearance yesterday but he still seemed to be holding a grudge.

"Why should I tell you? You left me!" William nearly screamed. His face burning with anger.

"I came back! You told me you would explain later!" I matched his tone. William let out a sigh before he calmed down and spoke again.

"You wouldn't understand what it is, Y/N." William rubbed his forehead with his fingers.

"Was there something in that needle that brought her back..? Or was it really just a 'miracle'?"

"It was not a miracle."

"Then what was it, William?!" I started to feel the anger rise again.

"I already told you, you wouldn't understand! You don't even want to know what it is...trust me." His tone and his half-truths were starting to scare me. Where exactly did he get that purple goo?

"Do you know what did this, William?" I crossed my arms. He looked up at me with confusion.

"Was it Michael?" He clenched his fists.

"What? No! It was your damn robots! They came to your house and did something to her!" I was offended by his assumptions.

"Are you crazy? They can't just walk around town! They're robots." William scoffed.

"The voices said otherwise." This seemed to interest William.

"What exactly did they say?" He leaned in closer towards me.

"That Elizabeth was scooped." I watched as he blinked in disbelief.

"I thought I fixed that damn glitch!" William ruffled through his hair in frustration.

"What are you talking about?" I placed a hand on his shoulder, he calmed down quickly and sighed.

"There original programming...I swear I fixed it..." William answered with his voice cracking. It was then that I realized tears were coming down Williams face. I didn't know what else to do to comfort him, so I pulled him into a tight hug. He didn't hesitate to hug me back.

After a few minutes of hugging, he pulled away. He took a deep breath and looked at me with guilt. I stared back hoping what he had to say next was nothing too bad.

"You really want to know what was inside that needle?"

"I do."

"It's called Remnant..."