Chapter 43: Another Lost Soul

It's been 2 days since Elizabeth's accident. She was sent to Afton's house this morning to recover but I couldn't bring myself to visit her.

William and I hadn't talked much since the day at the hospital. He understood I needed space and kept his distance. I would occasionally get texts from him but I ignored them, I was more focused on other matters.

During these few days in isolation, I began to reminisce in my memories of my time at Freddy's...and a lot of things didn't add up.

For one, who were those five children I saw in the suits a few months ago? I knew the first suspect would definitely of been William but I trusted him. If he said he only murdered one child I believe him. So how did those children die, and how did no one else notice them?

There was only one person who could've possibly had that answer, and so I decided to get changed and head over to his household.

—————

"Y/N? What brings you here?" William opened the door wider for me to come inside. I didn't hesitate to do so.

"Your kids are at school, right?" I sat down in the kitchen.

"Yes, why?" He took a seat across from me.

"We need to talk." I didn't dare to make eye contact with him.

"Is it about remnant?" William glanced up at my unsteady eyes.

"No. I have questions about the old pizzeria."

"And those are?" William placed his hand over mine.

"William...Do you remember when I was knocked out by the Springbonnie suit?"

"Yes. What makes you bring that up now?"

"So many things went unanswered! Who was inside? What did I see in the backrooms? Why did he knock me out?" I was squirming in my seat, William's face looked at me with concern, seeming to already know the answers.

"I don't know, love." I could sense his lies.

"You're lying."

"..."

"Please, William." I squeezed his hands.

"I have a brother." William blurted out, which only left me confused.

"Okay, I don't understand what that has to do with this-"

"He has the urges, Y/N. He's the only other one who can work a springlock suit, and he has a tendency to murder children." William explained. I was in total shock from every word he spoke. Was he lying? Could he just be trying to cover himself up? I wasn't sure on whether or not to trust him.

"So...those bodies weren't allusions?" I nearly trembled in fear.

"No. Why would of you been attacked by my brother if they were?" He looked at me intently.

"Why was he there?!" I pulled away from William's hand.

"He knows about the remnant, and the greedy bastard wants some for himself. I can never let him, because he's a murder machine and if he were to be immortal so many children would die." William sighed.

"But William...I thought you were the one who was supposedly going to murder those children?" I furrowed my brows in confusion.

"He has as much potential as I, and the future has changed. I no longer am capable of such a thing."

"So will the spirits stop haunting us?"

"I'm not sure. I've never made it this far...I hope so." William looked down towards the floor.

"We have to stop your brother."

"I know. He cannot get ahold of my remnant and I don't want any more lives lost." William looked up confidently.

"Do you know where we can find him?"

"Yes."

An hour later, William and I arrived at Circus Baby's. I was rather confused as to why he assumed his brother would be here. It was too obvious, not only that but it was highly noticeable for cops to see him.

William gestured me to follow behind him and I obeyed. He led me into Ballora's room and suddenly everything clicked. His brother must be visiting his mother...

"Vincent, show yourself." William reached out for my hands.

"I don't take orders from you, Will." An ominous voice echoed through the room.

"We need to talk business." William yelled out once again.

"Does it have anything to do with your remnant?" The voice bellowed.

"As a matter of fact, yes." I glared at him. Was he really going to give a child murderer the power to be immortal? William glanced back at me and winked. I put my trust in him once again, hoping he wouldn't disappoint.

A figure walked over to us, and he looked so much like the man beside me. He had brown hair in a pony tail, a sharp jawline, only an inch or two shorter than William, and a purple uniform. The only difference was their hair length, but besides that the two looked so much alike.

"I see you've met someone beside that blonde." Vincent chuckled, taking a glance at me.

"That is none of your concern. Why did you attack Y/N a month ago?" He growled at his look-alike.

"Y/N, hm? She witnessed my murders. But I didn't kill her, she was simply too beautiful." Before I could react, Vincent reached for my hand and kissed it. William immediately pried my hand away from him and glared at his brother.

"Don't touch her! She has nothing to do with this!" William hovered over me.

"My, my, she seems very involved with you. So I think otherwise. If you ruin my plans, I won't hesitate to hurt her." Vincent folded his arms, chuckling at the two of us.

"No, you won't." Suddenly, William reached into his pockets and pulled out...a gun. I gulped, knowing what was about to come next. Vincent backed away, assuming his near fate.

"This is for the children...and for Y/N."

BANG!