Chapter 3

I've decided I will post these first chapters quicker because I already have them written and they are introductory (not that interesting maybe). That's why I also ask for a little of patience as these are for context building for (Y/n) and Kakashi. Like I said in my 1st fanfic of Kakashi, I can't imagine him falling in love quickly or doing certain things out of nowhere. Especially in his Anbu years.

(art from @KAKA_right on Twitter)

3rd person's POV:

The breeze was so cold it made all of (Y/n)'s hairs stand, and so fresh it completely revitalized her body from inside out. With each breath she took she felt the cold flowing inside her body, cleansing her all the way through. She hated it, but she loved it. She hated that she had to go there, so late at night, and so lonely, so that she could feel this way.

"Oi," a slightly upset voice forced her out of her peaceful state. But this time, unlike last time, she didn't react to the voice, already knowing who it was from. She just continued to lay on the grass, now wet due to the early dew that only did but heighten that cold inside her "How many times do I have to tell you that you can't be here" Kakashi added, more annoyed by the fact that she didn't even seem fazed by him or his tone.

"Probably some more," she just answered uninterested but with a small smile that didn't reach her eyes at all "I'm harmless, I swear, you can pretend you didn't see me and keep your watch elsewhere" she added after a small silence in which he just stared at her, stranged by her demeanor and person in general.

"I'm not gonna pretend anything. This is my job, and you're the only recurrent person I've found night over night. That's not common behavior" he said with a stern voice. But once again, (Y/n) didn't seem to hear him, or well, listen to him. She had perfectly heard him, but she continued to stare at the vast starry night, its magnitude just making her hollowness more intense "Go home" Kakashi added, frowning under his Anbu mask.

"I think I'll pass" she just said again, crossing one leg over her other one while her arms continued to be crossed under her head.

Kakashi's frown on the other hand deepened even more, completely the opposite of (Y/n)'s serene expression. He was annoyed that someone didn't follow his command, even more if that person was a regular citizen; and even more if it was her, a kid that just continued to ignore him and other Anbu. But at the same time, it ignited some curiosity in him. Why would a girl his age roam at night just to stare at the nothingness of the sky? What was there that she wanted? He couldn't know for sure, but he could easily reach a conclusion: she wanted to be alone.

So he stopped crouching in the distance. He got closer to her, finally making her avert her eyes from the moon to him without changing her position. He only got closer a few steps before he sat down completely, his eyes fixed on her through his mask. And because of this, it was now (Y/n)'s brows turn to scrunch into a frown.

"Are you really gonna stay here until I leave?" she asked incredulous, almost clicking her tongue in the process. But she got no answer, making her roll her eyes and finally stand up with a heavy sigh. But even when she was gone from that place—not to go home, of course, but to wander somewhere else—Kakashi continued to follow her in the distance. (Y/n) gritted her teeth, even more annoyed, especially from Kakashi's indifference "Are you gonna follow me everywhere?!" she asked, stopping in her tracks and turning around to look at him.

There was a small silence in which they both looked at each other. Kakashi at her sulking face and her at his dark eyes behind the Anbu mask.

"Until you go home" he repeated tonelessly. But his brows arched behind his mask when her frown fell and her eyes stopped looking at him. She turned around and continued walking with her arms crossed close to her chest, seemingly not bothered by him trailing behind her anymore "Where are you going?" it was Kakashi who asked this time when the village's gates started to be visible.