Chapter 22

Almost a week had passed since (Y/n) ran off Kakashi's apartment, but even with the perspective of time, she still blushed whenever she remembered the incident. 'How can he read that and have such a normal face?!' 'I can't believe he reads that all the time...' she continued to think despite finally accepting it. Even so, it still puzzled her and make her flustered in equal parts. 

Once again, she was thinking about Kakashi while she walked home. Even though she had concluded Kakashi's likes as 'normal', she still became a tomato whenever she thought about meeting him again. What should she do when that happened? What should she say? Taking into account how she left the last time they saw each other without letting him say anything... even if back then he wasn't able to muster a single word either... She sighed as she rummaged through her pockets for the keys to her dreary apartment. 

"Finally," a voice made her stop just when she grasped her keys. She looked up from her pocket to the owner of the voice only to find her father. 

"Dad?" she asked, surprised "What are you doing here?" she sounded less scared than usual, but she didn't realize it then. 

"Can I come in?" he said, taking (Y/n) even more aback which was shown through her expression.

"No," was her answer "What do you want?" she said, this time being consciously bold; although deep down she still felt slightly scared. Her father sighed but didn't complain.

"Your sister and I are having a dinner with the Tachis tonight," he said, making a dramatic pause that didn't help ease her confusion. He looked at the floor and sighed "I want you to come as well" he added. And once again, (Y/n)'s mistrust and amazement were uncaringly portrayed on her face. 

"Why?" she immediately asked, brows frowning and arching at the same time while keeping her distance from her father "And why would I go?" she asked assertively and crossing her arms. Meanwhile, she continued to be more and more taken aback by her unusual way of responding.

"Because it's a dinner between both families," he said, subtly ignoring the first question. 

"Since when have you cared about me? Or since when I'm part of the family, to begin with?" (Y/n) asked, still incredulous. His father's frown started to take his usual scrunched shape, not caring to disguise it anymore.  

"Since now that you're coming. It wasn't a question, I was informing you" he said, deciding he was done trying it the nice way. (Y/n) frowned as well, now even leerier for the reason behind the dinner.

After all, both Alyss and he used to just do their thing without her. Why not do so now? She would have preferred not to go, but it had been so long since she last had dinner with her family that unfortunately, she didn't remember just how bad it could be. 

"Tell me why you want me to go and I'll accept"

"I told you, it wasn't a question," his father said, walking past her. But with a grunt, he spoke one last time before finally disappearing "It was the Tachi boy who requested for you to be there. Don't be late," he added, telling her the place and time as well. 

But (Y/n) stayed outside her home for a while. She remembered Tachi Sho from when they were kids. It had been so long since she last saw him... She didn't have particularly good memories of him. She remembered the little kid with big and wide green eyes and rosy skin. His messy and short black hair and how he used to push back his small fringe every time he mocked her.  (Y/n)'s face automatically grimaced upon remembering the many times he would ally with her sister just to provoke her. (Y/n) hated her sister, that much was obvious, but she despised Sho. He was the literal definition of nuisance and menace to society. When they were kids, he would cause all and every kind of trouble you could imagine, but somehow, she was the one who got blamed for it. And of course, that ended up being just another reason for him to make fun of her.  What was worse, irritating her seemed to just be his favorite thing to do in the world. And because his father and her father were friends, well, the times they were together more often than not.