Chapter 24

(1st art from @Myxtic_art on twitter and Instagram)

There was still something that didn't quite make it for (Y/n). She wasn't quite sure what it was, but after cleaning and rearranging the few stuff she had in her apartment, she was still left with nothing. She stood at the entrance, crossing one arm over her stomach while she brought her other hand to her chin. Once more, she took a glance around the small living room and kitchen —although I'm not sure if a single stove, microwave, and minifridge stuffed in barely 2 meters could be even called a kitchen. 

However, with a sigh, (Y/n) had to accept that no matter what she did, her apartment would just not look warmer. If it were for her, she wouldn't care less, but for once she hoped it didn't look as cold. After all, Kakashi and her had agreed to meet there. 

At first, the meeting place was supposed to be Kakashi's apartment. However, something came up for him, and thus they decided to meet at (Y/n)'s place and Kakashi would bring dinner. That was the main reason why (Y/n) couldn't stop pacing around, trying to think of a way so that her house didn't look as depressing when Kakashi arrived. Surely, he had already been there, but they were random times and they barely stayed in. But now it would be different, and for some reason, it made (Y/n) nervous. 

In fact, the more she thought about it, the more she thought about Kakashi and her eating dinner at her place and the more she regretted coming up with the plan. She gently slapped both of her cheeks to stop rambling and decided to let her small living room be. Just then, there was a knock on her door. Her brows arched as she looked at the sunlight outside 'Isn't it too soon yet?!' 'And why am I even screaming internally?!'

She shook her head once and opened the door, but her confusion only grew when instead of Kakashi it was one of her old friends.

"Mei?" (Y/n) mouthed her surprise "What are you doing here?" just then, (Y/n) realized she was crying. The girl rubbed her face as she tried to get rid of the tears but it was to no avail. 

"Shun broke up with me," she said, and immediately broke into more heavy sobs. Again, (Y/n)'s brows arched surprised by such a statement. Sure she hadn't heard anything about her for some time, but the last time she was with her and her boyfriend at the Dango shop they seemed more than okay. 

"What? Why?" (Y/n) asked with a frown, helping Mei inside her apartment and accompanying her to the couch. She tried to talk but every time she did her breath got caught up in her throat and the only thing that came out of her mouth were airy whimpers. 

"It's okay," (Y/n) tried to make her calm down by rubbing the upper part of her arms, and in a few minutes, Mei seemed to be able to control her breath a little bit better, "He said he wanted to see other people. And he said it the next day of giving me my birthday gift!" she started sobbing again "He said he loved me,"

"What a jerk!" (Y/n) said, pulling her closer so she could lean on her shoulder as she hugged her. 

"H-how could he? Was it all fake?" she started crying again the more she thought about her relationship with Shun "Maybe he even had another girl," she added with an angry frown that made her look more pitiful when added to her teary state. 

"It doesn't matter. Even if he did love you, he's still a dick" (Y/n) said rubbing her back "Wait here, I'll bring you tissues," she added, standing up. But as soon as she returned with them there was another knock on the door. 

Mei ignored it, too busy blowing her nose and drying her tears, and (Y/n) went to open the door, also too busy with Mei's misfortune to think of the person who knocked on the door. She didn't even think of the fact that Kakashi and her hang-out had been ruined.