Chapter 25

(art from @rutta_1010 on twitter)

Kakashi watched the sleeping (h/c) girl again. He had been since he woke up earlier on but he didn't seem to get tired of the sight. Her lids were closed, and her lips were partly open. Her hair was all disheveled while she clung to the messy sheets. To him, she just looked the most endearing, and a small smile made its presence every time he became bewitched by her sleeping form. He even dared to make ginger caresses on the side of her face without even realizing it. With the tip of his fingers, he took out of her face her messy (h/c) locks that blocked the sight of her. 

He knew he would have to wake her up soon for she had a meeting with Kurva before lunchtime. But at the same time, he didn't want to disturb her the least bit. He just wanted to continue like this, having her comfortable enough to be placidly sleeping next to him while he was able to watch her and watch over her. And while he observed her being so calm he couldn't help but remember last night's events.

At times, he couldn't quite believe that they kissed. And every time his eyes traveled to her lips (which was more often than not), he felt a tingle on his own. Then his fingers would travel to his lips as he recalled the feeling of her. He would sometimes panic, thinking about what got into him to do that, but at the same time, he was more than grateful to the yesterday-Kakashi. In any case, one thing was for sure, and that was that the more he stared at her the heavier his urge to kiss her again became. 

'In the end,' Kakashi continued to think while doing tender and slow caresses on her hairline 'what Naruto said was true... She is scared of the wind' he thought while he remembered last night with more detail. 

"I-I'm sorry," (Y/n) apologized when she backed away, although her hand continued to be entwined with his over the floor. 

Kakashi was stunned for a moment, at first thinking she was backing away because of the kiss. But as soon as there was another gust of wind, and she flinched again, he quickly understood she meant quite the contrary. And that in fact, she was apologizing for separating and ruining the moment. 

The wind seemed to increase and (Y/n) continued to flinch every time even if she tried hard to hide it. She continued to shrink and tighten her hold on Kakashi's hand as support. 

"(Y/n)," he called her, worried but still surprised by this new discovery of her. But the only thing she could hear right now was the wind against the windows. 

Kakashi got close to her again, and caressing her hand he moved the other one to the side of her head, turning her to look at him. 

"It's alright," he said as soon as their eyes met. She had a somewhat pained expression but seemed to relax a little after looking at his darker eyes "I'm here," he added, caressing her cheek with his thumb. 

(Y/n)'s eyes became tearier, and when he pulled her onto his lap to bury her in a hug she couldn't hold it anymore. She clung to him, hiding her head right between the crook of his neck and his chest. He tightened his embrace and laid his lips on top of her head, making it impossible for her not to sniffle. 

For the first time, she wasn't alone, and with the help of his caresses, hug, and pecks, she became so calm she started to drift to sleep as soon as the wind slowed down. After that, when Kakashi realized she had fallen asleep on him, he picked her up and left her on her bed. But right when he was debating whether he should leave or not, he was stopped by his hand. 

"Please, don't leave me" she begged, waking up when she noticed she was no longer surrounded by Kakashi's warmth.