Chapter 36

(art from @chun18r on twitter)

"Since when do you do make-up?" Kakashi asked her from the bathroom. (Y/n) took a moment to answer as she was too focused on not messing up her face. 

"Since I'm the only one at work who doesn't," she said, stopping to see if she should continue or wipe it all off. 

Kakashi leaned against the frame of the door of her bedroom, throwing a small towel over his shoulder while he watched her looking at her reflection. He stayed like that for a long while, with crossed arms and staring at her, mesmerized by her beauty. He sighed unconsciously and grabbed the towel off his shoulder.

"You're gorgeous," he said after staring for a while when she was done applying a thin eyeliner. 

"I'm not even done yet," she complained, thinking he was trying to trick her into not wearing make-up. 

Kakashi walked closer to her until he was standing right behind her, showing in the reflection of the mirror. It took her so much by surprise that she almost dropped the eyeliner. But it wasn't his appearance that shocked her, it was his bare and pale abs that made her brain freeze. Or perhaps, overheat. Even with the tiny scars he had here and there, the sight still made her mouth wate— fall open. She looked up, as she was sitting while he was standing, hoping she could focus on his face instead of gawking at him like a stalker. 

"You're still gorgeous. No matter how much make-up you apply" he said leaning down to kiss her cheek. 

His wet hair was so cold in comparison to her cheek that it provoked good shivers running down her body. 'You can't be cute, handsome, and hot at the same time! Choose one and stick to it!' she thought, feeling things she had never felt before upon seeing how close his naked chest and abs were to her, and how great they looked. Kakashi chuckled near his ear. And hadn't it been for his following words she would have fainted right there. 

"You think I'm cute, handsome, and hot?" 

"W-what?" she said, getting red like a tomato while she stared at their reflection. She noticed how his messy locks now looked more tousled from him rubbing them dry with the towel. She couldn't help but wonder why she found him so attractive when he was so disheveled. 'Wait,' she realized in her mind, now getting twice as embarrassed. He chuckled even louder, although he was also blushing a little bit "Agh!" She sighed exasperated, and luckily, she was saved by a knock on her door "Shut up and go open," she commanded him, trying to focus on the make-up again. 

With a smile plastered on his face, he walked out of the bedroom, drying his hair a little bit more with the towel. He grabbed his shirt from the bathroom and put it on again to pull up his mask. Then, he opened the door.

"Can I help you with something?" he asked with his usual bored expression when he saw a guy around his age with short black hair and green eyes. The guy seemed confused, which only confuse Kakashi as well. 

"Ah, sorry. I think I might have got the address wrong," he apologized. Kakashi didn't say anything, just did a slight nod, and closed the door. 

"Who was it?" (Y/n) asked from inside the bedroom. Kakashi leaned on the door again to keep on staring at her. He shrugged his shoulders.

"He said he got the address wrong," he answered "What?" he asked, his smile back again when he saw how she was looking at him from the corner of her eyes, trying to be discreet "If you want me to undress again just say it," he teased her. She grabbed her empty bag of make-up and threw it at him, blushing again.

"Stop distracting me!" she complained, making him openly laugh. But again, a knock was heard on the door. Kakashi sighed but went to open it again, only to find the same guy from before.