Chapter 31

(Art from @Myxtic_art)

Cursive is flashback 

Her fingers trembled, picking at her hangnails nervously while she stared at her reflection. Although she could have been looking at someone else's reflection, or at least that was how she saw it. How she saw herself. She could barely see herself in the girl of the mirror. That girl had her hair carefully and perfectly up. It even had a delicate string of tiny white flowers surrounding a low bun. And that was only the tip of the iceberg. 

Her dress... Not even Kurva's girls wore stuff like that. For starters, this one wasn't as revealing. Instead, it was just as delicately mature as her hairstyle. In fact, the only thing that could be seen of her was her back thanks to the not-so-subtle opening it had; and her arms. But in any case, the quality and royalty of this dress just couldn't compare to those her co-workers wore. However, it luckily didn't look like it was straight out taken from a princess book, something she was thankful for. She was self-conscious enough as she was, there was no need for the dress to have flamboyant clothes, sequins, or any other eye-catching ornament. And still, the dress was for certain made to catch everyone's attention. Especially because of how well it fit (Y/n). 

She wore other complements too, like a pair of golden rose earrings, or a fine bracelet of that same color. But the more she looked at herself, at that beautiful girl in the mirror, the worse she felt. Her skin was getting colder and colder, and her stomach was starting to turn. The more time that passed, and the closer she was to the set time, the less air she got in her lungs. And not even when she was heavily trying to breathe with her mouth fully open was she able to feel the oxygen in her body.

"Hey," a voice sounded behind her. The door had creaked open, but (Y/n) didn't hear it. Just like she couldn't hear Kakashi's voice softly calling for her. He noticed her absent-minded state and how her back and arms seemed tense. He knew the feeling, the somewhat familiar sensation of an invisible force, pulling you down, pushing everything deep inside the body, and out of it at the same time. Panic attacks were no mystery to him, so he stopped peeking in and stepped inside the room, approaching her so she could see him through the mirror "(Y/n)," he called her again, a little bit of worry present in his eyes. 

Finally, her gaze moved from her image to look at the silver head's reflection instead. But just for a moment, then the nerves came back and she looked down, at her hands once again. 

"I don't think I can do it," she admitted, swallowing hard when she felt a growing ache in her throat. 

Kakashi's frown deepened and he approached her even more. He laid both hands on each of her uncovered shoulders. The touch of their skin against each other made her eyes snap to him again. She felt her breath even more caught up when she realized how his dark eyes were looking at her through the mirror. Then, her skin started to heat up when his hands gripped what he hoped was soothingly.

"You can," he said calmly but really confident "I believe you can; and Soo-Yun does too," he spoke again. But it only made her more nervous, afraid of letting both of them down. He realized he wasn't helping at all and after pulling off his mask for her his hands gripped a little bit tighter "I'll be with you. He will be too. You won't be alone on this"

"What if I mess up?" she finally said, turning around to look at him directly and not through the mirror. 

And this time, it was Kakashi's breath that got caught up in his throat. At first, it was because of her worried expression and distressed (e/c) eyes. But then, it was her stunning looks that stunned him. 

"What if I get discovered?" she continued when he didn't answer, her eyes looking down dejectedly again. But they soon looked up to him when one of his hands moved from her shoulder to her cheek, forcing her to look back at him.