Chapter 33

"Don't get me wrong," (Y/n) said when she moved her piece of go "but I thought you would teach me how to ride a horse besides playing go" she looked up at Soo-Yun who was staring at the board. And for the first time, he didn't smile.

"Maybe when you beat me in a match of go," he said, and in the end he added a small smile to not sound rude and instead just teasing. (Y/n) puffed a little bit, making his smile widen. But it quickly faded away "Playing go is more relaxed," he added, hoping it would be enough of to content her. (Y/n) remained looking at him, now arching a brow. But she ended up letting it go.

"Soo-Yun," she called him after a while "Could we go to the forest again? To your family's library? I'm bored of walking inside the castle all day..." she asked. He took some time to answer, and although he looked pensive due to the game, he was actually thinking of his answer.

"The palace has many places to see and be around, I'm sure you haven't seen it all" he answered. (Y/n) pouted again but it disappeared when she stared at him again. 

"Is it because it's dangerous?" she asked, but Soo-Yun continued to look unbothered "There are no conspirators anymore, nor spies..."

"It's safer to stay close," he just said. (Y/n) wanted to complain again. She didn't know why he suddenly didn't let her roam outside the castle, and she at least wanted an explanation. However, before (Y/n) could open her mouth a group of three soldiers burst into the room. 

"I'm sorry my Lord, but there is an emergency," one of them said. (Y/n) looked at them curiously, her adrenaline starting to build up when she inevitably thought of the worst. Soo-Yun, on the other hand, looked as cool as always. He only frowned when one of the three soldiers approached him and whispered something into his ear. He stood up and left the room, followed by the soldiers and by a curious and slightly scared (Y/n). After all, she had never seen such an expression on him. 

With rushed steps, everyone quickly reached a meeting hall where a few captains and Soo-Yun's right hand and cousin were already waiting. (Y/n) even found the five Konoha ninjas she hadn't seen since she arrived there. Darn it, even Kakahi was there.

"What do we know?" Soo-Yun asked when he got in, approaching a table with the map of his Land.

"Our scouts have discovered groups of 5 here, here, and here," one of the captains said, placing a small black piece in each part of the map he pointed at.

"Have they engaged yet?" Soo-Yun asked.

"Not yet, they seem to have stopped in this area. We don't know if they're planning to continue or if they're waiting for something" After that short report, everyone stayed in silence, looking at Soo-Yun who seemed deep in thought. 

"Go to your room, (Y/n)," were his first words that he said in a blunt tone she wasn't used to hearing from him.

"What? No, I want to stay here," she said with a frown of her own "I want to know what's happening"

"This is no place for you," he said again. (Y/n)'s throat closed, almost not recognizing Soo-Yun.

"I am not a kid, I—" she started to complain, getting annoyed by his behavior. In fact, no, she wasn't just bothered by this, this had been the last straw for her. 

Since she was  sick the other day she hadn't been allowed outside the castle, not even in the gardens. She was constantly watched, and not only by Kakashi. And Soo-Yun wasn't even brave enough to admit it to her face. And now, she was also being locked up in her room. At this rate, she would be the only person in the castle that had no idea of what was going on around her, and she was tired of that.