Chapter 11

(art from @7a7a_777 on twitter)

TW: Mention of suicide

"It's fine, I'll close the rest" Retha smiled at me so that I could leave earlier. She always did the same, and no matter how hard I tried to stay and offer my help, she wouldn't take it "C'mon, go. You'll only slow me down with that arm" she teased me with a chuckle as she pointed with her chin at the cast in my arm. 

I rolled my eyes but ended up complying, so with a short wave I left the place from the back door. I couldn't even do my daily deep breath after work because my attention was set on the silver-haired figure. Just like he had promised me earlier that morning he was waiting for me. He seemed to notice me as well and looked at me, making me smile at him as a greeting. 

"Let's go," he just said, starting to walk away. I happily and silently followed him "Have you remembered who did that to your wrist?" he asked quickly after I joined him. 

"He actually came by today," I answered. His question would have taken me by surprise hadn't it been for this specific fact "But he didn't do anything weird. Besides staring at me all the time that is..." I mumbled that last part lower, remembering how he didn't speak to almost anybody and just stared at me from afar, weirding me out almost all night.

"Can you describe him for me?"

"Mmh... he had auburn hair, medium length and slicked back" I made thinking sounds, trying to remember any other detail of him "He had light brown eyes and very poor eyebrows. Oh, and his face was round and he had a button nose, yeah" I finished, not remembering anything else about him "Why?" I asked him curiously. 

"Just wanted to check something," he answered simply. And after that, the man was never mentioned anymore. We continued our walk either having random exchanges or being completely yet comfortably silent until we reached my place where we parted ways. 

I got in and slid inside my bed as soon as possible. There was a positive thing to working two jobs at so different and incompatible times, and that was exhaustion. I had very little time to sleep after my shift at the bar because in less than six hours I needed to be up for my work at the flower shop. Some days I couldn't sleep at all, because the more I tried to make the most of those hours of sleep, the more pressure I would put on my body and the less I would relax. Some other though, the exhaustion of working at the bar and the little time I slept the day before, helped me pass out almost instantly at the touch of my horrible bed. However, as much as that could have been a perk, it also had a toll on my mind and health as I wouldn't be able to completely rest. And it eventually made me debate whether I should keep working these two specific jobs. But every time I thought about it, Kakashi's words whenever he told me to drop the work at the bar made me not want to do it. I don't know why it was, maybe because I wanted to prove I was capable of doing both, but I just refused to do it. 

Anyway, the morning arrived quicker than I would have liked and thus I had to go to work again. At least, I did like this job better than the other one and as such, the time passed faster than I expected. I left the place, surprised by how high the sun was already. After all, I spent all morning inside the shop.  

I started walking around without a clear destination in mind. I obviously didn't want to go home yet, the less time I could spend there the better. But I also didn't quite feel like going anywhere. Instead, I was left to walk absent-mindedly. Or so I thought I would do until I met a certain beaming blonde kid—or more as he met me.

"Hey, Naruto" I smiled at him after he practically jumped on me. 

At first, he was a little bit distant, maybe even annoyed because we hadn't seen each other for a while. But he quickly seem to forget about it and started to proudly tell me about all the antics he had been pulling. So many were the things he wanted to tell me and talk about that I would think we would be short on street to keep walking while he conversed. So like last time, I treated him to some food, this time ramen. And if he had been excited all along, after mentioning what seemed like his favorite food, he became even more like a little ball of energy and sunshine.