Chapter 17

(art by @tuukaieburide_ on Twitter)

"KAGEBUNSHIN-!" Naruto yelled, closing his eyes so tight that a very prominent frown appeared under the goggles that rested over his forehead "NO-JUTSU!"

(Y/n)'s brow arched as she looked at the small cloud of smoke, anticipating what it would leave behind. But she let go of a sigh when it was once again a poor copy of Naruto that resembled more a scary doll than the blonde child in front of her.

"Oh c'mon!" Naruto complained, stomping his foot.

"Hey, at least it looks like a human now. Kind of..." she tried to make him feel better. He was far from getting it, but he was slowly getting better. Her words didn't seem to appease him the least bit.

"It's horrible!" he admitted, sounding even more annoyed after doing so "You could at least try with me, I would feel less bad..." he sat on the floor, laying his head on both of his fists. A small puff of dirt flew when his body hit the floor.

"Thank you, I guess?" she mumbled with a sigh. She knew he didn't mean it the way it sounded "I told you, I know nothing about chakra or ninjas. I can't help you"

"What if you are the most talented ninja the world has ever seen?" he hyped himself up, forgetting the ugly dummy on the floor "After me, of course, hehe" he chuckled sketchily "You will never know until you try!" he begged again, tugging at her shirt. (Y/n) looked at him, sighing deeply, and when she looked at his shiny blue eyes and even brighter smile she couldn't find it in her to refuse. Besides, she also knew that he would keep insisting forever until she accepted.

"Fine," she said, sluggishly standing up. Naruto jumped a few times on the floor, excited more for her doing the technique than for him nailing it

"Okay, you have to make these seals" he began teaching her how to do it. She imitated him lazily and said the words even less energetically. But Naruto was so focused on teaching her that he didn't even realize her lack of will. Or at least he didn't think she was making it on purpose.

"Kagebunshin no jutsu..." she said with a bored tone, and this time Naruto did notice.

"You have to actually try, (Y/n)! You are even worse than me in class!" He complained, and (Y/n)'s brow twitched "You have to truly focus on your body and what you want to make!"

"Because that is obviously working for you..." she said with sass, earning a small punch from the kid that made her shut up with a silent 'ouch'. 

"Just close your eyes and focus really hard before making the jutsu" he explained. (Y/n) complied with a sigh, closing her lids "You're not focusing enough" He complained when she saw (Y/n)'s relaxed expression. She frowned, and not exactly so that she could focus "Think harder!" He continued to encourage her by yelling. Her frown deepened even harder.

"I am," she complained through gritted teeth.

"Not enough! HARDER! HARDER! HARDER (Y/n)!"

"I AM FOCUSING!" She started yelling as well, her face becoming red from how much force she was actually using.

"MORE! AAAAH!" Naruto continued to be loud thinking he was helping her.

"NARUTO! IF I THINK ANY STRONGER I WILL FART, STOP" she said seriously, but it only made Naruto burst out laughing.

"It happens to the best of us," Naruto said, holding his belly as he wiped a tear from the floor. (Y/n) dropped her stance and looked at him with dull eyes.