Chapter 18

She shifted her weight to her other leg, tilting her head again as she pouted. Something was bugging her, and it only became worse when she looked down at her camera and realized that she still had little to no idea on how to work the thing. So she decided to revisit the camera store. There, she found an old guide: How to photography, an easy step-by-step guide. The good side, it was cheap, the bad side, it was old and outdated.

Many of the things Sukea's camera had wasn't even mentioned in the magazine. But after many trials and pages read, she started to get a vague idea and even managed to get decent pictures. And each time she managed to take a nice picture, she stopped and thought about Sukea. About what he would think of the result she got. What would be his reaction? Would he smile? Would he praise her? The sole thought made her blush, but she wasn't as surprised by the nature of the idea anymore.

She was reviewing the pictures she had taken when a violet butterfly stopped on her camera. Once again it reminded her of Sukea, the marks he had covering part of his face being from the same color as its wings. But right as it came it started to fly away. (Y/n) forgot anything she was thinking about and started to follow the beautiful violet and black butterfly, hoping it would stop again so that she could take a picture. She followed it around a couple of streets until it finally decided to stop on a (favorite color) flower. It fluttered the wings a few times and (Y/n) crouched at a considerable distance in order not to disturb it. She aimed her camera at it, and a shutter sound followed the click.

"You finally bought a camera?" said a voice right behind her. She jumped and let go of a scream that she muffled with her hand. The butterfly quickly flew away and (Y/n) turned around to see who it was. Kakashi smiled at her with a closed-eye smile, making her relax instantly.

"Uh, not really. A very nice guy gave it to me" she said with a smile, standing up and looking at the result of the picture.

"Who?" Kakashi asked, arching a brow.

"His name was Sukea. He was very kind! He taught me how to use a camera as well. He was so cute," she said, smiling even bigger when she saw how great the picture looked.

"Don't know him. Can I see?" he asked. (Y/n) looked at him and noticed he was wearing his Anbu clothes without his Anbu mask, and carrying a few bags from what looked like groceries. She nodded and showed the camera to him, biting her lip in expectancy to hear his opinion. She looked at him, and hadn't she known him a little bit better she would have become instantly discouraged by the sight of his visible unbothered eye.

"I'm surprised you know how to use the camera," he said, hiding a smile under his mask. It made (Y/n)'s bright smile turn into a scowl.

"Hey!" She hit him, making it difficult for Kakashi not to chuckle loudly "What do you mean by that?" She added crossing her arms.

"It's a really pretty picture," he smiled at her, this time softer. And again it meddled with her frown turning it into a blush.

"Really? You think that?" She asked excitedly as she looked at the picture again.

"Yes, that's why I'm surprised," he added, and (Y/n) regained her frown. But before she could hit him he dodged, chuckling.

"Are you going to stay here taking pictures all day?" Kakashi asked innocently, going back to his poised position, hands deep into his pockets.

"Mmh..." (Y/n) thought for a moment, actually feeling already a little bit tired from being around all day "Why? Are you going somewhere?" she asked back. The question took Kakashi aback, so much that he stayed in silence for a while.

The truth was that he didn't have anything else to do and thought of spending more time with her. But of course, he couldn't just say that. So instead, he shrugged his shoulders.