Chapter 38

(art by @WJbC9K7S6uMJRQ7 on Twitter) 

(Y/n) crouched down in order to get a better angle. She pulled the camera to her face and focused the image on the kid in front of her. She smiled when he did, finding the blonde child too cute. Then she snapped the picture.

"Make sure to make me look badass!" Naruto said, pulling out a peace sign. (Y/n) chuckled.

"Where did you learn that word?" she asked, arching a brow and looking at the picture.

"Who cares," he said, running to (Y/n)'s side in order to look at the picture "Can I have it?" he asked now, looking at her with excited eyes and bouncing his legs. (Y/n) chuckled again.

"We need to print it first," she said, standing up and making the kid pout.

"And when will that be?" he asked, excited once more.

"I still have some shots left in this film, so we'll have to wait," he pouted again while the two of them resumed their walk "or," he now looked up at her with shine in his eyes "we can keep taking pictures and go develop them later," Naruto nodded effusively and both of them continued walking, running and walking around the fields of wheat. 

(Y/n) took more pictures of him playing around, of him failing to make a clone jutsu, she took pictures of the beautiful fields and the blue sky, and the beautiful butterflies that flew around. Even Naruto wanted to take pictures of (Y/n) as well. And after a long and tiring morning, once they were exhausted and sweating from being under the warm sun for so long, they went to eat lunch at Ichiraku. But only after having developed the pictures. 

"Ha! I'm such a good photographer," Naruto said with his mouth full of ramen while they both looked through the pictures they took. 

"Well, if you ever get tired of being a ninja you now know you can always be a professional photographer," she teased him, eating from her own bowl of ramen. 

"Never! I will be a ninja. The greatest ninja of all times!" he said with a frown more prominent due to his cheeks full of noodles. (Y/n) laughed, swearing she could almost see the steam coming out of his nostrils.

"What will you have?" Teuchi asked the person who just sat on the stool on (Y/n)'s right. But she didn't pay much attention as she was looking to her left, looking at Naruto. 

"Nothing, thank you," he said. But such short words were enough to have (Y/n)'s blood freeze, her smile had disappeared and she was starting to have a frown. She slowly turned to her right, only to find her father "I finally find you," he said with a solemn tone different than the one he had the last time they talked "I thought I was clear the other day. But Sho says you refused even to him personally," he said, sounding annoyed. (Y/n)'s eyes widened, cursing Sho for having betrayed his word.

"He told you that?" she said, sounding bothered as well. 

"No," (Y/n)'s frown relaxed a little bit, confused "His grandfather overheard him talking to a friend of his. He didn't say anything to either of us. And I don't understand why" her father answered, arching a brow suspiciously. 

"(Y/n)," Naruto called her, squinting his eyes at her father "Who is he? What are you talking about?" he asked, now curiously. (Y/n) smiled at him, although it looked rather strained. 

"He's my father," she answered, shocking Naruto "I'll pay for your ramen, why don't you go leave the pictures at your house?" Naruto looked at her and then at her father, who to (Y/n)'s surprise was silent. And in the end, he left the place, leaving the two of them alone.