Chapter 12

3rd person's POV: 

(Y/n) shifted her weight to her other leg. Her whole body was starting to feel sore, not only from the exhausting day of work but also from the amount of time she had been waiting outside. At least it hadn't been that cold lately. Even if the breeze made her whole body shiver, everyone could start feeling the change of seasons. 'Goodbye to the blue and dark winter, and welcome to the vibrant and blooming spring!...' she thought with a tiny note of sarcasm, but despite her words, (Y/n) was actually feeling, for the first time, in tune with the weather. Slowly changing, developing, growing... 

She breathed in, and huffed again, leaning back on the wall as she looked up at the stars. It was so late in the night, that there were barely any lights in Konoha. Not even from the bars like the one she worked in. After all, they had closed a couple of hours ago. She huffed again, pouting while she looked towards the end of the street, wondering where Kakashi must have been.

"Are you lost?" a female's voice made her jump and snap her head right to the side. 

(Y/n) stared at the woman. She had upturned hooded eyes that looked at her with a cryptic half-smile. Her hair was grey, although as she walked out of the shadows it caught a purple shade. She had it tied up in a bun with some loose strands and her bangs were into one big braid that went to the side, except for a few other loose flocks. She had a strange face, not in an ugly way but in a contradictory way. She had some wrinkles here and there, that paired up with her hair made (Y/n) think she was rather old, but the way she moved and stood made her think she was rather young. She had scheming coral eyes with a scar across her wide nose, but had a kind smile with a beauty mark right in the middle of her lips, on top of her upper one. But as uncommon as her face was, her clothes didn't fall behind. She wore a dull mahogany kimono with pale roses and a cream-colored sash, and to be honest that must have been around the fourth time (Y/n) had seen someone with a kimono in Konoha on a regular day for all of her life. However, further from her looks it was where she came from that caught her attention. (Y/n) blinked a few times, looking at the dead-end from where the woman had appeared, and then she looked up to the rooftops of the buildings, thinking that she would have heard someone landing. 

"I'm Kurva" the woman walked closer to (Y/n), her eyes softening while her smile remained. She reached out her hand to (Y/n) in a handshake, and she couldn't help but look at it and then at the woman. Something told her that if Kakashi was here he would be wary of someone approaching him, especially in this situation. After all, she was near an alley and completely alone late in the night. 

"What do you need?" (Y/n) asked. Kurva must have sensed (Y/n)'s suspicion upon her as she giggled, covering her mouth with her slender and fair hand. 

"You," she stopped smiling but continued to have that soft smile and half-lidded eyes. (Y/n) tensed slightly, now being even more paranoid and ready to flee in case she needed to "This won't help my case but, I've been watching you" her smile widened after (Y/n)'s reaction. 

Again, she knew that if Kakashi was here this would have been the moment to run away, but her body didn't quite move. It was strange how her words and eyes were unsettling, yet her smile and demeanor were all the contrary. Kurva didn't make any move that made her think she was in any danger, and thus her body didn't have that instinct to run away. 

"I mean no harm, (Y/n). I'm here to propose that you work for me" she talked again, she was now closer and (Y/n) could smell an elegant rose perfume coming from her. It was a weird proposition, so her wariness only increased, but Kurva's words made her relax more as well.

"Why? And what's the work?" (Y/n) asked. Kurva's smile seemed to soften at her question, but she could still clearly see that (Y/n) was far from trusting her.