Chapter 18 "Wrong Emotion"

Ghide had to completely dry herself before coming inside Joshua's ' condominium. She really had to, unless she wanted to stay all night cleaning her mess after cooking the dinner. She doesn't want to move that much because her body isn't in its best shape today and the days onward.

'If only I knew I'll suffer like this, I shouldn't have played that much with the kids.' Just because she's young, Ghide thought she'll be okay even if she plays so hard with the children at the orphanage. But now, she regretted getting full of herself.

After drying her uniform, she decided to come inside the condo unit. Her hair was still damp, but fortunately, there's no water dripping down on its edge. It was because her hair got dried on her way home, inside the car which Wonwoo drove. When Ghide stepped in, she felt the warmth that her body has been longing for. It was too chilly outside that every time the wind blows, the bumps on her skin appear tremendously.

'I can't wait to take a bath, change clothes, drink hot water and rest,' she yearned while walking forward, although she knew that it will be impossible to fulfill everything she just wished. She can take a bath, change clothes and drink water, but can't rest yet.

Driver Wonwoo said that sir Joshua was waiting for her with empty stomach, so Ghide had to cook for his dinner before she can call the day off.

She doesn't want to cook anymore and face Joshua because she wanted to avoid the awkward encounter. Since it's inevitable, Ghide planned of awakening her super extra strength to get the job done really quick, so that he and she won't have the chance to stay together for a long time.

These are her plans: she'll change her clothes, go the kitchen, cook the dinner, prepare the table, call Sua in his office, go inside her room, wait for him to finish, wash the dirty dishes, go inside her room and rest.

But when she arrived at the living with a scowl on her face as she hugged herself, the man that was supposedly inside his office, was seen sitting on the sofa. Joshu had his arms crossed while looking at the young lady. For a moment, she had an illusion of the scary image of her father, at the first time she came home very late and forgot to inform him.

Ghide gulped. To say that she became a statue isn't a hyperbole figure of speech. She did stop moving, breathing and blinking. Anyway, she's thankful that she still has the ability to think.

'What should I do? He came in front of me like a bomb. I wasn't prepared!'

She prepared before, but not in this way. Ghide thought she'll see him after she knocked on his door to say that the dinner is ready. It was like opening her notes to review her lessons for the upcoming test on Monday, but realized that the test will start after a minute.

Her heart began to beat tempestuously and the fluttering pulse on her throat leaped up.

"Ahmm," she murmured, meeting his blank stare with eyes in which inquisitiveness gave place to her gaze that looks almost apologetic. Then she kindly uttered, "Welcome back, sir. Sorry for being late."

For Ghide, 'Welcome back' is the greeting she used to give him ever since she started working as his maid. And Joshua didn't think he'll make a big deal out of it in the future. Moreover, he sensed that she's trying to appeal him in purpose; whether she wanted him to raise her salary or she just afraid of getting cut off from her job. Yet tonight, he felt the sincerity at her salutation. Joshu felt the essence of having someone who will welcome you after the tiring day.

'I miss Olive,' he uttered inwardly. 'But I was also happy to see this kid and...'

He stopped thinking at that point, knowing that it is such a dangerous statement. Then Joshua opened his lips and spoke, "Why did you come home just now?"