Chapter 51 "I hate you But..."

Ghide and Cassandra enjoyed their dates today. They ate cakes at the coffee shop, watched movie together, played arcade games, strolled at the park, ate pasta in the Italian restaurant and lastly, they waited at the bus stop together.

It’s been so long since Ghide had someone to play with all day. She is so happy, peculiarly because Cassandra paid for everything. Not that she loves free goods and stuffs. Cassandra volunteered she’ll pay for their dates since it was her idea.

“I had fun today,” Ghide said.

“Me too,” Cassandra replied.

Waiting, the two are sitting on the bus stop.

“Next time, when I have more allowances, I’ll treat you back,” Ghide shyly offered.

“No, no! That’s not necessarry! Besides, I was the one who asked you to come and play with me.”

“But still…”

“Anyway, about the field trip,” Cassandra changed the topic before she’ll hear more of Ghide’s complaints. “Did you already pack your things needed for five days camping?”

The excitement in Ghide’s eyes faded. She was so occupied of today’s date that she already forgot about the field trip. Since Sua was so stressed at work, Ghide could not had the chance to ask him about this. Therefore, she decided to call it off.

“Oh?” Casssandra gasped after she saw Ghide’s grimace. “Don’t tell me you haven’t asked your relatives yet?!”

Ghide avoided Cassandra’s gaze as she forged a cough. “Ahem.”

“Hey! You only have two days left! Come on and convince your aunt, uncle or whoever it is.”

Sighing, Ghide kept quiet. She could not tell Cassandra that it is actually her boss in work whom she needs to ask for permission.

“Girl, listen,” Cassandra sighed. She held Ghide’s shoulder and forced her to look back. “We will graduate this year. Besides that you need to go for our grades in History, this will be the last field trip you’ll experience in high school.”

Ghide hung her head low. Even if her mind accepted the bitter reality, her heard still hopes.

“So convince them. Okay?”

“I will try,” Ghide promised with faint smile on her lips.

After they separated, Ghide finally arrived in front of the condominium. She is not sure if Joshua is already home, and so she stayed standing in front of the door, wondering if she has enough courage to talk about the field trip to her boss.

‘But I already said to Vernon that I won’t go,’ she reasoned out.

However, whenever she recalls Cassandra’s sad expression and her determination to convince her to go, it boosts her spirit.

“What are you doing? Why are you blocking the entrance?”

She turned around with her widened eyes and faced Joshua, who actually just came home from work. Wearing his suit, Joshua grasped his hair with his long fingers and brushed them up. Even after working so hard, he is still look very presentable.

“S-Sir,” Ghide called, gaping. She thought he’s already home.

“Stop spacing out and just go inside,” Joshua suggested. He moved closer to her and opened the door.

Ghide stepped back so her boss could go first. After Joshua entered his condominium, he looked back at her and asked her to come in.

“What? You’ll stay there?”