Chapter 40 "Band-Aids"

Years ago, Hong family, together with Joshua's wife, Olive, went to Hawaii to enjoy a family vacation.

Jun, Joshua and Olive were relishing the aquatic ocean which made them feel like an ant on a football field, while drinking coconut juice under the palm trees. The sounds of the waves applauding and hugging the shore were a music that could bring serenity. There was salty smelt on the air, so strong that they can taste it dancing on their taste buds; making them feel thirstier.

"Ahhh, this is paradise," Olive murmured, looking at the ocean's surface that was covered with millions of diamonds crashing with the waves and kissing the sand.

Joshua looked at his wife before a sweet smile spread on his lips. On the other side, Jun saw the marriage couple smiling and giggling at each other, then felt the chill on his skin even if the golden sun was at its peak.

'Cheesy,' Jun complained inwardly.

The marriage couple's sweet moment was interrupted when Joshua received an overseas call from work.

"Honey, I'll take this call first," Joshua said in apologetic tone.

"Go ahead, love," Olive reassured. She watched him stood up from the beach chair and picked up the call.

Jun can see in her eyes the undying love Olive has for his brother. And he got more curious.

"Sister-in-law," he called.

Olive tilted her head to Jun and asked, "Yes?"

"Can I ask something?"

"Sure. What is it?"

Jun fixed his sitting posture before he inquired, "How did you fall in love with my brother?"

"With Joshua ?"

"Ahuh. Don't get me wrong, okay? I know that brother is handsome. We are sharing the same genes so it's inevitable. However, many women say before that brother is too boring. He was always gentle and soft."

Olive chuckled at Jun's perspectives towards his own sibling. "I just love him the way he is," she answered with giggles.

"I can see it," Jun responded, rolling his eyes. "But can I ask more? Don't feel offended, sis. But as your husband, does he bore you sometimes?"

Olive peeked at Joshua's back before she looked at Jun and whispered, "Hey, I'll tell you a secret."

Jun leaned closer and waited excitedly.

"Don't be fooled," Olive whispered. "Your brother is not a gentle man. He's VERY WILD."

Jun's face turned very pale. He couldn't believe that someone who's healthy like him will feel nauseous at the information he just heard. If he could hit his sister-in-law, even just a simple tap, he will. But he didn't do it because she's his brother's beloved woman.

Olive pressed her index finger on the seam of her lips, hushing, "Shsssh." Then she laughed at Jun's pitiful reaction.

Soon Jun just shook his head and laughed too.

After reminiscing a part of the past, he stopped slicing the steak in front of and slowly looked at the woman sitting across him.

At the condominium's kitchen, Joshua, Jun and Ghide are eating dinner together. Joshua ordered steak and asked someone to take it to his house. Of course, there's no restaurant who will deliver such expensive steaks through house to house. But for someone like Joshua Hong, he can make some way to make it possible.