Chapter 34.2 "Wrong Choice"

Ghide's POV

In the haze of afternoon, when my loose uniform started clinging to my back, I arrived at the Happy Hour Mall. I could feel the salty droplets flow down on my face like soft summer rain, dripping onto the ground as I leaned my hands on my knees to regain my breath. My hair lies like a second skin over my damp cheeks and when I stared at my reflection at the glass on my left, I look as if I were just caught in a sudden storm.

'Storm?'

Yes, it's the perfect way to describe how I suffered from escaping from Dino's gang.

"That's hella crazy," I murmured.

To avoid the Dino and his friends, I used the back gate again, thinking that they won't choose the same way they had yesterday. However, on my way out, I met Dino's gaze before I dashed towards the gate. I wasn't sure if he followed me, but I did run anyway.

The Happy Hour Mall isn't that far from our school so I continued running on the way here. Now that I arrived, I felt like I stepped off the exercise machine which was set in maximum level. My legs are empty and there's a rising feeling of nausea from my stomach.

I staggered to the glass window and gawked at my sweaty form. My skin is white, so sweating makes me look like I need someone to dunk me in an ice bath fast, anything to put out the fire in my cheeks.

"Miss Ghide?"

I straightened my posture when I heard the man who called my name in the middle of the crowd. He's familiar for a second, then I came to recognize him as time passed by.

Jeonghan's secretary, whom I saw few times before, looks bewildered while gaping at my appearance.

'I look messy, I know that.'

And there's no reason for me to feel intimidated at my appearance right now. I came here to meet that damn Jethro, so I don't need to make myself look pleasing.

"Where is mister Jeonghan ?"

His eyes that went wider stared at me without blinking. The mouth that slowly dropped open soon murmured, "So it's really you?" he asked me question to clarify if I am really Ghide.

Do I look that ugly right now?

For the sake of being a human, I fixed my hair and wiped the sweats on my cheeks. I can't do anything with my current smell that is as if I'm a construction worker clocking off or an athlete who finished a marathon under the sun.

"Sir Jeonghan is at the cinema," the secretary told me.

'Cinema? Why? Did he call me to watch some movies?!'

That man must have a lot of time instead of working. If he's not busy, he should have dressed as girl and seduce Joshua Hong instead!

'He's gorgeous enough to do so. Tsssk.'

Anyway, I followed his secretary on the way to the cinema's entrance. Weirdly, I didn't see anyone who should check my ticket, if ever the secretary bought one for me.

"Miss Ghide, you can go inside," the secretary said after he opened the huge door.

"You're not going with me?" I inquired. "How can I find him inside the crowded place? You should lead me on the way to my seat."

Instead of fulfilling my request, the secretary just smiled at me and reassured, "You'll see him right away, miss."

I blinked for some seconds.

'If that's possible, isn't that mean that he rented the whole cinema in the mall?'

No.

Why would he do that?