Chapter 19 "Cat And Her"

Body aches plus getting soaked under the rain, Ghide expected to feel sick at the next morning. She woke up very late than the usual. Her head seems so heavy and she felt the chills all on her hands and feet. Although she wanted to stay home and skip her classes, she still chose to prepare for school.

Because at school, she won't see Joshua, she can divert her mind and she can't remember the confession she said to herself last night. Going out isn't for her physical stability, but for her mental and emotional state.

Wearing her uniform, Ghide went out of her room. Joshua was already out and she was very thankful that she doesn't need to face him in the morning.

"I was so embarrassed last night," she mumbled with a sigh.

Last night, after she excused herself to him, saying she had to go to the comfort room, Ghide stayed inside for more than an hour. Sua got worried, and so he knocked at the door and asked her if she's okay. Afraid that he might catch her crying, Ghide shouted: "I can't poop well! I'm constipated!"

She buried her face onto her palms. "That was so embarrassing!" she grunted. Shortly, as she touched her cheeks, Ghide realized that she's burning with light fever. "Oh? I have a fever." She breathed out to check her breath. It was so hot, as if fire came out from the dragon's mouth. She now has more reason to stay.

'Should I really skip school today?' she considered.

"Oh? You're still here?"

Joshua's brother, Junhui, came out of his room with disheveled hair. He leaned on the windowsill as he yawned. He put his hand inside his white shirt and scratched his tummy.

"It's surprising that you are still here. You were always doing your best to avoid me, weren't you? Anyway, did you make a breakfast for me?"

Ghide washed away the idea of staying home from her throbbing head. She rather rests at the school clinic than stay here and serve Junhui all day. If she'll stay with him, it's either she'll faint from fever or die from high blood.

"The breakfast is ready," she gave him a feeble response.

Junhui noticed her voice and thinly narrowed his eyes to her red face.

'Is she sick?' he wondered. Unconsciously, Junhui approached the ill lady and was about to check her temperature. But before he could touch her forehead with his palm, Ghide stepped backward. She holds hostility against the man who slapped money on her face, after saying that she's into Joshua's wealth.

"What are you doing?" she asked him.

Junhui thought hard about his recent action. 'That's right. What am I doing?' he asked himself with a frown.

Both knew there's no way for them to be in the position where they can worry about each other. Thus, Ghide was so confused why he's acting as if he'll take care of her just in case, he finds out that she's sick. She hates that possibility, and so she decided to ignore it.

Junhui's hand which was in mid-air, clenched into a fury ball. He withdrew his hand away from her and walked past by, and towards the kitchen.

Just as she doesn't have the mood to talk to him, Junhui surprisingly felt the same. Because he's aware that his presence might worsen her condition. Likewise, he hates her but not in the point where he wanted to scathe her life.

No more hurdle, Ghide went out of the condominium with heavy steps. Junhui heard the closing of the door, but he stayed seated and ate his breakfast.

Outside the condominium building, Ghide continued her slow pace. At her slow movements, she guessed that the 20 minutes walking distance to her school might be doubled. There's an earthquake inside her, and she feels so dizzy. She can call a taxi and ask the driver to take her at the nearest hospital. Then, she remembered that she has no money to pay the hospital bills, or even pay the taxi driver for his service.