Chapter 30.1 "Third Party's Guest"

Ghide's POV

I successfully escaped from Dino and his gang, all thanks to Minghao. When I looked back, there's no trace of someone who's chasing me from behind.

'How did Minghao divert the attention of that sneaky and quick witted Dino?'

"He didn't fight against the whole gang, did he?" I had a fair share of anxiousness as I looked back at the direction behind me.

I wanted to go back and check if he's alright but that would be a stupid move since he did so much just to help me escape. Besides, even if he has me on his side, there's nothing I can do to join the battle. I'll be crying and trembling at the corner, for sure, if that's to happen.

"They won't fight inside the school," thinking about this, I comforted myself. "Also, Minghao is the school's owner's son, and Dino  isn't stupid to create trouble against him."

I picked up my pace and continued walking on the way to the condominium building. To save money, I prefer walking than riding a bus or taxi. It's not that dark yet so it's okay.

"But it's amazing that Minghao always appear in times I need help," I murmured while walking.

First, he accompanied me when there was a drunkard in the river. He even gave me a ride on the way to the bus stop. Second, he saved me from uncomfortable situation when Mingyu and I were at the cafeteria. He also gave me an exclusive access at the school's rooftop where I can eat comfortably.

"Minghao is... kind," an absurd realization came to me like a huge asteroid from the sky.

I heard before that Minghao is a rebel kid who doesn't have any friends. They said he is nasty, ill-mannered, frank and has no social skill. However, when he said that a friend should help each other, I could feel his sincerity in his words.

"You shouldn't really judge the book by its cover."

Sure, he looks someone who's not the fan of following rules and regulation; he doesn't have driver's license and he dyed his hair in bright red even if the school management forbid the students from dying their hair. Still, that doesn't change the fact that Minghao acts like a good friend for me.

"Now I wonder how I can repay him."

If he needs to be admitted at the hospital after fighting Dino and his gang, I shall take care of him and pay the bill. Shall I?

"Let's just take care of him and excluded the bill from the plan," I decided, nodding my head.

For now, I'm not in the position to pay someone's else bill. I'm sure Minghao has enough money to even send private doctors in their own mansion. Many says he's very rich.

'Kaw kaw you have a text message,' my message ringtone snapped my thoughts.

I checked my phone and saw sir Joshua's name on the screen!

For a moment, my heart skipped a beat. I unconsciously fixed my hair by tucking it behind my ears, stood straight and then smiled charmingly, even though sir Joshua isn't here to see me open his message.

I guess it is natural to feel self-conscious whenever you think the person you like.

'I said that I need to stop these feelings to grow but I couldn't even stop myself from smiling like an idiot. How hypocrite. Tsk!'

I opened sir Joshua's message with anticipation.

["I'm already home. Johneey said that he'll also come home. If you're feeling well, please cook dinner for us."]

The message is simple and decent. But I read it for exactly ten times before I replied.

["I don't feel sick at all, sir. I'm on my way home."]