Chapter 37 "Pulling you Closer"

Time flies and weekends came in a flash. Since the day she became a member of Dino's gang, a mysterious fiancé appeared, two men kissed her and she accidentally confessed to Joshua, Ghide's next days were peaceful; except when she had to endure a cat-rat like chase with Dino. Thanks to that, her body's agility improved.

Today is Saturday. The sun is brilliant in cornflower-blue sky, as if one perfect petal was stretched so wide around the world. It's the perfect day to hang the clean laundry outside, and under the sun. With that, Ghide was thankful she went at the orphanage.

Going in the orphanage this Saturday is really on her plan. She didn't come here to find distraction, but she actually finds it so fun to hang out with the kids. Aside from that, she excited to meet her very first friend after all misery happened.

"Sister Ghide, please play with us," the kids begged her.

"Kids, I really wanted to play with you, but I need to help miss Karylle."

"Can you play with us first? Please? Pretty please?"

The kids' eyes were sparkling like beautiful gems. Ghide knew she must decline but she couldn't bring the word 'No' from her lips, especially when she's staring at these adorable creatures in front of her. Fortunately, a grown-up man came to the rescue.

"Hey kids, don't be so hard with your sister."

She and the kids looked at the man with small and no lid slanted eyes, hamster-like cheeks, clean shaven chin, white skin and cute face. Ever since this man became friends with Ghide, he visited the orphanage often and became the kids' favorite second to Ghide.

"Brother Hoshi!"

Kids who were swarming around Ghide began to run to Hoshi's side. They are so excited, not because Hoshi is fun to play with, but also because he never forgets bringing sweet stuffs for them.

"Woah! Brother Hoshi brought us chocolates!"

"Yey!"

Hoshi frowned and pouted his lips. "It seems you're only happy to see the candies I brought. Hmmp~"

Kids didn't pay attention to his fake sulking and focused on choosing which chocolate they'll pick from the plastic bag that Hoshi brought.

Both thankful and sad, Ghide narrowed her eyes to him until he met his gaze. She sent him a stare that says: 'Thank you for saving me but didn't I told you to stop bringing candies to the kids?'

Hoshi just smiled at her and blinked twice, as if he's asking her to spare him again this time. Ghide just chuckled while shaking her head.

Ghide feels happy whenever she volunteers at the orphanage together with her new friend, Hoshi. At the condominium, she needs to act accordingly to her mission of seducing Joshua and put extra caution against Jun. At school, students meanly judge her because of the rumors. Not only she's uncomfortable encountering Mikhail from time to time, but she also needs to flee from Dino every afternoon. However, at the orphanage, she finds the solace that she needs after the stressing days in her life.

Here, she'll play with the kids. She doesn't need to stay cautious while cleaning because Jun isn't here. And most of all, she has a kind-hearted friend like Hoshi. Ghide thinks he's the only one who doesn't know the dark phase of her life and she feels comfortable with it. But if she finds out Hoshi's real identity, she will probably change her mind.

"Are you sure you wanted to help me with the laundry?" Ghide asked Hoshi who came into her after playing with the kids.

"Of course!" Hoshi replied. "I didn't come here just to play with the kids."