Chapter 6 "Don't Trust Anybody"

How long does it take to prepare a dinner? According to the research, men spent average of 22 minutes, whereas women spent 51 minutes. Younger adults with the age of 18-24 spent 21 minutes, wile working adults with the age of 25-64 spent 38 minutes.

However, a senior high school female student, Ghide, prepared Joshua's dinner for more than an hour. To make his favorite crab marinated in sauce, she started yesterday: freeze the crabs for two hours, created marinade, let it boiled for another hour, removed the folded apron of the crabs, brushed them with cold running water, put the crab in wide mouth glass jar container, poured the marinade in the jar and refrigerated it for 24 hour.

As soon as she got back home from school, she cut the crab into bit size pieces with a knife. She crushed the hard claw to get the delicious meat then garnished chopped green onion, chopped chili pepper and sesame seeds. Ghide prepared the delicious meal on the dinner table, hoping it will help her mission to gain his heart.

But everything went futile the moment she read her employer's message:

[I won't eat dinner in my house. I have another appointment. Junhui texted me that he won't come home too. So don't bother cooking and just sleep]

"D-Dont't b-bother and just s-sleep?" She murmured then shut her eyes. Her nape throbbed and she caressed while taking a deep breath. "So he's telling me to call it a day after I prepared all of these?!"

She eyed at the five dishes, including the marinated crab, on the table. It's not that she's disappointed that her effort to make it delicious will put in vain. That's the role of a wife waiting for her husband to come home and taste her cooked food. She just felt that he wasted the time. If only she knew it would be like this, she would rather lock herself in her room, do her assignment and sleep early. But now, she has to decide whether she'll eat them all, put them together in the fridge when no one will eat it tomorrow or just throw it away.

Of course, she won't choose the last one in her choices. Now that she experienced the life of a poor, she knows it's not good to throw a food. Well even when she was well-off, her father taught her to treasure every food that was served in the table.

Her anger subsided while thinking about her dead father. Looking at the empty house, the loneliness wrapped her like a blanket. It suffocating, she knew she had to go out and get some fresh air.

"Whatever, tss," she kicked her tongue before she took off her apron. "I'll just eat all of these. But I'll go out and buy some cola."

'Sugar. Right, I need sugar,' she cheered herself with this thought.

Ghide grabbed her wallet and went outside the condo. As soon as she came out, she saw the neighbor next door who she rarely see. The male neighbor has a small face, rounded tiny eyes and a cute mole under his left eyes. His pale skin is as white as snow, she guessed it is mainly because he doesn't come out of his house and receive the proper vitamin D that a person must in take.

But Ghide needs to admit this: that even if he is only a few centimeters taller than her, the guy has a cute face. A features that won't easily age even if decades passed by. If he dress like a junior student, everyone will believe in his disguise. She also wondered how many time he was asked to show his I.D in convenience store whenever he tries buying alcoholic drinks.

Whatever the case, she's sure he's one of the people who always felt wronged when someone mistook him as a young boy. Nevertheless, it's impossible to rent a condo unit as expensive as Joshua's if he's just a student.

And so, Ghide slightly bowed her head and gave her polite greeting, "Good evening."

The supposedly cute guy stopped his pace. Holding a huge luggage, he eyed the fearless girl who greeted a stranger like him.

Ghide is a self-proclaimed extrovert. Although she lost a lot of friends after her father's death and weird rumors spread around the school, she is still the bright kid who makes acquaintances wherever she goes. In fact, she already has in supermarket, the guards in the condo building and in the laundry shop.

So when the cute neighbor stared at her without saying anything, she quickly thought of a way to make the situation less awkward. "Mr. Neighbor, did you have your dinner? Actually, I cooked too much for a single person. So If you like, you can have some. I'll be happy to share it."

At last, the guy finally opened her pinkish thin lips. "Don't..." he started first with a negative word and continued, "...be too kind to someone you've just met."

His cute image vanished in thin air. In his sharp gaze, Ghide felt he's emitting a deadly aura that can kill a soul. 'Well, not literally kill a person. I mean, he can kill the emotion with his eyes,' Ghide murmured inwardly.

"There's a lot of bad guys out there," the man added while he slowly hid his right hand. "So this kind of approached is a no-no. What if I'm thief? A scammer?"

Ghide wanted to roll her eyes. 'What is he saying? I was just asking if he wanted some food and he's blabbering too much.'

But at his next words...

"Or a killer?"

Her silly mockery stopped and her nonchalant eyes went on guard while hairs on her skin marched up. Ghide knows it was a joke but still... this is not a good stuff to talk lightly.

"Thank you for it though. But don't concern yourself to me," the man bid.

He pulled the big luggage inside his condo unit and when he closed the door, he raised his right hand that still has stain of blood.

"Cleaning my hand is the hardest part," Woozi whispered, clenching his hand.