Chapter 46 "MeloDrama"

There are many things in life that will make someone regret.

Some might regret taking a job solely for money and feel unhappy in the end.

Some might regret not taking an opportunity.

Many will regret sending email or text when they are angry.

Everyone who cheats on his partner will regret too.

Some might regret not spending time with their love ones, letting fear dictates his decisions, dropping out of school for no good reason, not telling loved ones how he feels, letting friends slip away, stress eating, posting or ranting on social media when drunk and sharing someone’s secret.

There’s a lot of possible reasons for regretting all because human is not perfect. For Minghao, his latest regret in life happened today.

“Shit. Why the hell did I say that?” he mumbled complaints to himself.

A moment ago, Ghide asked her why he acts kind to her. Minghao also does not know the exact answer to this question. At first, he pitied her. Second, it just that she coincidentally appeared in front of him whenever she needs help. Just like today. Minghao saw her waiting anxiously at the bus stop so he offered her a ride. Third…

‘The third reason is…?’

Minghao's head said that his third reason is because she asked him to be her friend. Since she’s his first friend, he thought it’s natural to be kind to Ghide. He’s not accustomed to this but that’s what he heard from others.

But is that really the reason?

Didn’t he take interest on her because she’s trying to stay strong despite receiving hatred from everyone?

He took a deep breath before he hanged his helmet and the helmet that Ghide used, on the motorbike.

“At least I explained it to her in advance,” he cheered. Looking at the blank space, he remembered the mistake he did recently.

“Why are you so kind to me?” asked Ghide.

Minghao, who was trying to solve that inside his head, blurted something with a slip of tongue.  “I don’t know. But I wanted to eat you.”

Ghide’s eyes widened at the answer she received. It took Minghao some seconds to realize that he said something which can cause huge misunderstanding!

“T-To eat with you,” stuttering, Minghao cleared.

By that, Ghide breathed in relief. “Ahhhh,” she murmured.

“Why the hell did I say that? I got the words wrong. S-Sorry.”  His brows furrowed as his face went all red. “Since you’re my first friend, I’m trying to be kind,” he added. “Besides, I did help you a lot before. So if you have time, treat me for a nice meal.”

Ghide, who felt comforted at the word of her first friend in school after getting into troubles, smiled at Minghao.

“Sure. Let’s do that next time. I’ll go now. Bye!”

Minghao sighed again after remember that. Fortunately, no one heard them before and witnessed his foolish mistake. Or so he thought.

Actually, when Ghide hopped down from his motorbike, someone from afar saw them. It is the student who was asked to go the office because the principal is looking for him.

On his way to the office, he saw Ghide and Minghao together.

“The brat who does not have any friends,” the tall student approached Minghao. “An anti-social like you is suddenly hanging out with Ghide. What is your purpose?”