Chapter 36 "His First"

"Idiot, idiot, idiot, idiot, I'M IDIOT!"

Ghide was stomping her feet above her bed. She was so embarrassed and felt the rising heat on her cheeks. She pulled the white blanket to her chest and buried her head on her pillow as she remembered the things, she said to Joshua just a moment ago before she dashed inside her room.

["I like you."]

Joshua's ears turned red after he heard three unexpected words from her. Before her confession, they were just talking about a friend of hers that's having a hard time dealing her unrequited feelings. Joshua, therefore, suggested that her friend should at the guy she likes no matter what the consequence will be.

But Ghide suddenly said that she likes him?

He was so surprised that only, "H-Huh?" came out from his mouth. Joshua doubted his ears. It's possible that he heard her wrong, so he didn't say anything until Ghide's voice came back and proved him wrong.

"I like you," she repeated.

His emotions shook like waves. It went up and down, banging side to side. He wasn't precisely sure if the confession should make him delighted or doleful, and as his expression faltered between smiling or frowning, all left is the blank look on his face.

If it is a dream, he will be happy because at least, he won't be afraid to give his reply. But if isn't a dream, he will also be happy that she made him realize that feelings that he kept on denying. Now he's at loss. Blank and empty headed. But his heart was full of joy, anxiousness, hope, despair, guilt, excitement...

Was it really this nerve wrecking to fall in love with someone that you should not? As if he decided to do parachute gliding and when he jumped down from the helicopter, he suddenly realized that he is not wearing his parachute. He knew he'll get hurt the moment he fell down on the ground, but he had to accept the fate because he had no choice.

Loving a wrong person is like that. Sweet and bitter.

He, who was silent for long time, heard her low but soft murmur resonating on his ears.

"Just p-practicing." Ghide avoided his gaze after saying an excuse that's enough to make his weak heart trembled. "I w-was practicing how I should t-tell your advice to my friend, sir."

"Ohhh," Joshua mumbled really quiet. His mouth stayed slightly opened for seconds, before he added, "So you were practicing."

"Y-Yes."

"I thought you were..." Joshua said something that sound incomplete.

She lifted her head to see him, thinking that he's probably angry, but to her surprise, he was more like very disappointed.

"Huh," Joshua huffed then turned his head to the other side with scowl between his brows. Next, he left the kitchen after saying the words, "Nothing."]

Ghide teared out her hair while wondering what on earth came into her mind to make such mistake. She's so close in making herself look like a fool for suddenly confessing to her boss.

After few more tossing on her bed, Ghide curled her body and cleared her throat. She stared at the ceiling and keenly studied what would be her next plans.

'Shall I pretend that nothing happened tonight?'

She realized that Joshua has the decision to forget everything and not hers.

'So, I need to act natural, so he'll force himself to forget my accident confession.'

On the second thought, Ghide recalled that she came here to seduce Joshua  so why should she pretend uninterested at him. In case he started seeing her as a woman, she will benefit in this after all.