Chapter 45 "I don't Know But..."

Ghide's POV

I missed the first bus and now I'm running late to school.

"Geez, I'm not gonna make it," mumbling these obvious stuffs to myself, I sighed.

'This is all because of the movie I watched last night.'

Of course, solely blaming the movie is not right. The person, who chose to watch r-rated video for the first time, should hold accountable. And that person is me.

'Argh! Just what came to my mind that I continued watching it! What should I do with my tainted innocence?'

I shouldn't have let my guard down, knowing that it's Jun's laptop. After shaking my head, I glanced at my wristwatch in grimace.

'Shoot. I really won't make it.'

There's another way for me to arrive in school on time. And that is to ride on a taxi. However, the consequence of riding taxi will cause me to spend more than my budget for this week.

I paid for my project last week, so I don't have extra dime to spare.

'Didn't know that there will be a time when I rather be late than spend my money. I'm not this kind of person.

You mean watching R-rated videos instead of reviewing my textbooks?

Yes. It also includes that.'

While waiting patiently for the second bus, an expensive-looking motorbike caught my attention. The rider stopped his motorbike in the roadside and right in front of me. Tilting my head because I somehow sensed familiarity on it, I watched the rider in silence.

"I see you're late too."

The voice of the rider is an eye opener. Even though he's wearing his helmet, I could recognize the owner of this voice.

"Minghao?" I asked.

As his answer to my question, he responded, "Quickly hop on." He tapped the empty space at the back of his motorbike.

'It's really him! The school's owner's son!'

"Come on. We still have time. Unless you wanted to go around the court while squatting," he said.

I looked alternately at his motorbike and at my reflection on his helmet's shade.

Minghao Xu is someone who helped a lot. He helped me escaped from Dino with the pretext of being my friend. Therefore, I always think of a way how I'll repay his kindness. But if riding with him on his motorbike, I rather ride on a taxi. This is not something that a friend will do together with her friend.

'I can't tolerate him.'

"No thanks. I'll just wait for the bus," I declined.

Minghao stayed in his position.

'What are you doing? Just go and leave me alone!'

He removed his helmet. As his face appeared, along with his soft crimson hair, some girls behind me squealed.

'Oh great. He gathered more attention because of his damn cute face.'

"Is it because I don't have driver's license?" he asked.

Exactly!

I called him friend but that does not mean I am willing to hang out with him inside of the jail. Besides, he's a restless driver. The first time I rode with him was like riding in a roller coaster. But I will admit that it did lift my mood that night.