Chapter 33 "Busy Life"

Ghide entered the gate of her school, along with students who are rushing to get inside so they won't get late at their first subject in the morning. It's already 7:45 am. There are only 15 minutes left before the school bell rang. Usually, a punctual person like Ghide always avoids chasing time, especially when it comes to her responsibility as student. However, today must be an exemption.

Everyone around her were running and she was falling behind. She dawdled around, as if she's strolling at the museum and she needs to keep her steps as quiet as Antarctica. She walked lackadaisically with no strength, while her eyes focused on an empty space in the air between them. Her vision was clouded with thoughts which are hard to process; and she stayed like this for a long time.

As she idled around, four men who planned of sneaking out of school even before the classes start, looked at her direction by coincidence.

"Oh? That's our new member," George, one of Dino's gang member, said when he saw her from afar. He pointed her, and so Dino also stared at her way.

"That rat who escaped yesterday," Dino spoke with giggles. He thought of calling her, thinking he'll find way of entertaining himself if he does. His lips detached and loud voice was about to come out through his mouth. However...

Bam!

He couldn't utter anything when he saw Ghide bumped her head onto the flagpole.

Four eyes blinked in unison, watching her scratched her forehead after bumping onto something. Ghide got vertical wrinkle between her eyebrows, then she looked at the flagpole in front of her.

"Ouch," she murmured, a little late reaction. Following, as if nothing happened, she continued her slow pace and stared off into the crown but didn't seem to see anything.

Dino and his friends watched her in silent until she arrived inside the school building. When she is already out of their site, the four began to stare at each other.

"That woman got second place rank after Mingyu, right?" Klitter asked before he made circle motion beside his head using his index finger. "She looks like an idiot."

"Are you really sure that you'll take her to our gang?" Harold asked Dino, laughing.

Once more and for the last time, Dino stared brazenly at the opened entrance where Ghide went into. There's a smug look on his face an instant he remembered the scene he saw before, and soon, he laughed so hard.

'That was entertaining!'  Dino thought while laughing.

On the other hand, his friends looked at each other and made gestures behind their leader's back, saying that Dino must be also turning crazy.

Meanwhile, Ghide continued her long walk inside the crowded hallway while gawking into the distance. As she marches, a tall guy stopped his pace as soon as she saw her coming onto his way. It's her ex-boyfriend, Mingyu.

Their last conversation was pretty intense, and therefore when he saw her, he freeze on his spot. A sudden dread of coldness took him over. And as his muscles became rigid and stiffed, he couldn't open his mouth that has nothing to say for her.

He thought Ghide will glare at him the moment their eyes would lock each other. But to his surprise, Ghide walked passed to him. The little wind that came from her gently shook Mingyu's hair, as he stood straight while the thunder struck spread on his face.

'She acted as if she didn't see me,' Mingyu misunderstood. A pang of pain settled in his heart now that he realized that Ghide is really acting like a stranger just like what she said before.

But did she purposely avoid Mingyu?

No.

She really didn't see him. Ghide was too occupied at the incident that happened early this morning on her way to school. Her body memorized the way to her classroom but the sound and scenery around her, she couldn't tell what's what and who's who.