Chapter 49 "Choices"

Ghide's POV

The school's nurse checked my temperature as soon as I arrived at the clinic.

I got 37.90C

Maybe because I am lack at sleep or I cried so much before.

'I can't believe I hysterically cried like that in front of Dino just because of food. I'm so ashamed of myself.'

I was just so damn frustrated that I did not contain my anger that well. So I cried, pathetically.

'Let's hope that Dino will forget everything he saw.'

That was, of course, an useless pray.

After the nurse gave me vitamins, I was asked to rest on bed. I felt bad for skipping the afternoon class and the Math test. However, I'll consider this as my payment for finishing our group thesis report all by myself.

So I slept inside the cozy clinic and woke up when it's time for me to go home.

When I opened my eyes after long sleep, I realized that skipping class isn't that bad after all. I will probably regret feeling this once I start coping up the lessons and test that I missed. But I will worry about that tomorrow.

I sat up from bed with smile on my face. Resting for a long time is so satisfying that I think I'll be in a good mood for the rest of the night.

'All left is for me to go home, cook dinner and...'

"Oh my gosh!"

My heart jumped out from my ribcage and rolled under the bed. I pressed my hands on my chest and glared the suspect for stealing my breath.

"W-What are you doing here?"

On the next bed, there's a man sitting with his legs crossed. His brown eyes under a pair of round glass, mooned in crescent as he smiled at me.

"What else? I was worried about my fiancee," TEACHER Vernon said.

I looked around and luckily, there's no one except us inside the school clinic. But that does not mean I can stop feeling so anxious.

"I AM NOT YOUR FIANCEE,"  I emphasized each word that I said.

It's true. I already rejected his offer and he should accept my decision if he's in his right mind. He's rich and handsome. Certainly, he can find another woman he can marry.

"There are times when I experienced losing my hearing capability. What did you say again?" teacher Vernon responded.

So he's playing deaf? Maybe, he was also playing deaf when I rejected him before that's why he came here to meet me again.

"Why did you come here in my school?"

"Because I wanted to fulfill my long time wish of becoming a teacher."

"Don't lie. If you really wanted to be one, you should have do it before."

"Let's say I suddenly dreamed of becoming a teacher when I met you."

"Damn crazy. You really did come here for me?!"

"Shsssh. Tone down, Ghide. If you don't want them to find out about our relationship, tone down your voice."

"If you really don't want others to know it, you should just go and leave me alone."

"So you acknowledged our relationship?"

"Excuse me? There's no us!"

"Huh?" He rubbed his chin and looked up. "You don't want them to find our relationship but you said there's no us. This is very confusing."