Chapter 6

Marivita's POV
I wake up and smell eggs and corn cakes. I get dressed in a comfy outfit and walk into the kitchen to see ma looking all excited.
"Your dad sent a letter saying he's catching a flight and staying with us for a bit." She is filled with joy, "he has time off work."
"That's great." I say trying to be enthusiastic. In all honesty we get under each other's skin a bit to much. "Has abuelo met him?"
"Nah he's never agreed to come up here before." Abuelo answers.
"When's he gonna get here?" I ask
"He said he'll catch a flight tomorrow and it's an 18 hour flight to get here from Sydney. So in the next day or two." Ma says, she's grinning ear to ear.
She always wanted dad to come here, she tried to get him to come when she decided to move here. Carlos was about 5 and she was still pregnant with me but dad refused to come, she ended up moving back to be with him once I'd turn 4. That's about when she started having trouble with him.
There's a knock at the door, ma jumps up and opens it. I lean back on my chair and balance to see who it is, Mirabel is standing at the door with someone behind her. I go to jump of my chair but it slides out from under me and I land flat on my back. Mirabel runs to help me up and I see Daniela standing in the doorway laughing her head off but stops when my ma gave her the scary stare she does for me. I stand up and Mirabel goes to talk.
"I was wonde-"
"Yes yes take her away. We have stuff to get done and she gets in the way." Ma interrupts and beckons for me to go outside.
"Gracias señora." Mirabel says as she follows me out.
"Where are we going exsactly?" I ask
"We'll I was gonna say the markets but your madre (mother) cut me off."
"Yeah now I Have see where Mari gets it." Daniela pipes in.
"Shut up Ella," I say jokingly and she gasps.
"That nickname is so cool! I love it. No one is ever allowed to call me Daniela again!"
"Jeez I think calling you Danny would be better." I laugh
"In your dreams, Evita."
"WHAT! Who told you about that name!?"
"Delores ." She sings.
"Who's Delores?" I ask
"You don't know who Delores is? She's Camilos sister. She's the one engaged to Mariano."
"Never heard of him and Camilo talks about me to his sister!?"
"What no of course not. Who talks to there sister. No she just has some super hearing thingy."
"Like one of the gifts they have?"
"Woah I think we just found a ground breaking Einstein." She says sarcastically.
I shake my head and we continue walking down the Main Street to the markets.
"Oh Mari, I just remembered." Mirabel says, " I need to take you back to the casita to meet abuela Alma. She wants to talk to you for some reason."
"Damn you must be in trouble with some old fart." Daniela says
"Don't say that about Abuela!" Mirabel snaps back.
The two start arguing and I walk off to go see all the stalls.
I see a cap with a small bee embroidered on the corner of it. I reach into my bag and pull out a couple of coins to pay.  I drop them on the counter as I do I notice there is blood on them. The man shrugs and hands me the cap and I bolt off to find a bathroom.

Delores POV
I hear something dripping slowly. It's been going in for a few minutes, normally casita fix's everything right away so this is weird. I can tell it's near Antonio's room. I walk up stairs and the dripping gets louder.
It's coming from the new door. The door knob is...
I gasp and step back bumping into someone.
"What's with you? Camilo says frowning.
"Look at the doorknob, it-it,s-"
"BLEEDING!" Camilo yells out, everyone hears and all starts running to us.
"This is just like my vision." Bruno whispers to mama.
Camilo is starring at the doorknob with a confused look. His eyes widen and he jumps and runs out the house.
"Where are you going?" Abuela yells but he doesn't respond.

Marivita's POV
The bandage is saturated in blood, great I'm gonna have to rip the bottom of my skirt to wrap my hand. This shit is getting annoying.
I walk out of this restaurant bathroom and go back to the markets. I find Mirabel reading a book while Daniela is with a group of boys all laughing and talking. I walk over and link arms with Daniela.
"Oh hi Mari." She says merrily, "everyone this is Mari, Mari meet Ivan-Nicolas-Gabriel and..." she says pointing out at all the boys but pausing. "Lo siento I forgot your name."
"Fernando."
"Oh right right... I'm gonna forgot again sorry."
"Cheers, it's pretty sicko to meet you all."
"Where's the accent from?" Ivan asks
"What accent?" I say confused
"I recon it's From the Philippines ." Gabriel says.
"Are you dumb? She sounds American." Nicolas laughs.
"Yeah, American." The others all agree.
"Really? Champ I ain't no American. I'm Aussie." I correct
"Why didn't we get that!?" Fernando says with frustration. "Are we stupido?"
"Yeh pretty much." I joke.
I hear someone yell out something from up the hill but I just ignore it. No one else seems to be bothered. Whoever is running starts calling out again and they catch Mirabel's attention.
All the boys turn to look at who it is. I turn back around to Daniela but she gestures me to look around again.
Is that Camilo?
He makes it to us, putting his hands on his knees to catch his breath.
"You alright Camilo?" Ivan asks
"I... just... need.. to... borrow... Mari..." he days in between each breath.
Bit weird, "yeah fine, whatever." I say
He takes me just behind a build abs grabs my left arm. "Can I just look at it quickly." He says referring to the wound. I shrug and he generally takes the bandage off. His eyes widen, but I don't get why. "Ok this is going to sound crazy."
"Yeh righteo, can you just hurry up." I say
"You know how there is that random gift door that no one knows who it's for."
"Yes señorita,"
"I'm not a seno- doesn't matter. Point is I think the door is for you."
I burst out laughing, "Your joking right? I don't want to get some wizard gift thing. I'm not even related to your family."
"No I'm serious, the handle starts bleeding whenever you do. And Julieta's food doesn't heal that specific wound."
"Cool, cool. You're not convincing me one bit."
"Can I show you?"
I sigh, "Camilo I just made some mates. Maybe later, ok?"
"Yeah whatever." He's disappointed
"You can join us tho. I don't mind."
"Yeh ok." He shrugs
He comes back over with me to the group. While everyone seems to know him already.

I laugh as Fernando and Gabriel are seeing who can punch each other the hardest while Daniela is busy taking bets on who's gonna win.
"Ready Gabby?" Fernando says
"Gabby sounds girly." Gabriel says with frustration
"Your a girly man." Fernando jokes.
Daniela learn into me and whispers to my ear, "you gonna a bet in?"
"Nah," i whisper back.
Fernando pulls his hand back and punches Gabriel as hard as he can in the gut.
"OW!" Gabriel yelps, clenching his stomach and coughing. "I'm gonna get you back."
"Like to see you try Gabby." Fernando smirks
"Ready, sweetheart?" Gabriel teases
"It'll be light as a feather." Fernando smirks
Gabriel punched him higher in the stomach then what he did it. I know for a fact that's gonna wind him.
Fernando groans and stubbles back.
"Nice hit man." Camilo says slapping him on the back.
"Ugh. Nah I'm gonna do so much worse." Fernando says still in pain.
"Ok go." Gabriel says.
Fernando punches him really lower and Gabriel falls onto the ground rolling around holding his stomach.
"Oops, sorry Gabby."
"Help him up." Camilo says
Fernando holds his arm up and helps him.
"You win," Gabriel mutters.
"I WIN! YOU ALL HEARD THAT! IM THE GREATEST!" We all laugh as Fernando yells random noise.
"Shh you're gonna wake everyone." Ivan whisper.
"Fair point," I say, "it's dark anyways, we should probably all go."
"Yeah." They all agree and we start walking seperate ways.
"Hermosa!" Camilo whisper next to me while, I'm trying to get home. "I need to show you this thing. It's important."
"Yeah ok." I shrug and follow him toward his house.
I wonder what he's on about.