Epilogue

Camilo's POV
1 year later

This time last year was meant to be the day Evita goes home. I couldn't have thought of anything worse but now, I'm staring at her name engraved on a tombstone.
Her body was never actually found, it faded away like the attackers.
We buried a bunch of things she loved instead.

I place a daisy on her grave and turn to walk away when I catch the eyes of Daniela.

"Hey kid." She says jumping down from a tree.

I haven't spoken to her in months. I lost touch when she started dating Mirabel and I just couldn't bare seeing her, she reminded me so much of Evita. She picked up her act and tried reminding us she's still with us. Which I hate.

"I got this for you." She says holding up a folded piece of paper.
I reluctantly take it out of her hands. "What is i-"
"A-bubba, just read." She says.

I open the note up and my head feels light.

To camilo my beloved,
I know this letter will just sound like one of those cheesy dead girl videos but I wanted to say a few things.
Yes I did see Bruno's vision, I saw two versions of it actually. One was me getting shot coming to help you, the other you dying because I was to late.
Now with long consideration, nah I'm joking I would take a bullet for you any day.
AnywAys few things I wanted to say to you while i was alive but I knew I would have never had the courage too.
Camilo I didn't fall in love with you  at first sight, in fact I didn't even believe in love. I thought If love did exist I'd feel it the moment I meet eyes with them. But it's not how it works and I'm grateful I learned that.
I want you to move on and I'm not saying that because I'm being selfless I mean seriously move on. I'm sure Daniela will give you this note late but I hope you've dated others.
I was never going to be good enough for you, Alma was right about that.
But I do love you and I always will.
And I will come back
-regards Evita.

I wipe the tears away from my eyes and look up at Daniela who burps really loudly.
"Yeh that's not exactly what she wrote, I lost the original note but that's the just of things."

I sigh as I pocket the note. "Thanks."
"Man I miss her." She says. "Oh and I found a girl interested in you. Other than the rest of the girls Im the tow this one seems decent."
I shake my head in disgust. "I'm doing that, Evita is the only one I'll ever love like that."
"Blah blah blah," she mimics, "it's been a year and a half. Also I already said you were ok with it. Her names Layla and she's very nice. So be good."

"Back at it again." I sigh to Mari (the chameleon) on my shoulder.