Chapter 7

Camilo POV
Me and Evita are standing in front of the new door that was bleeding from the knob, now the knob is clean and shiny.
"Ok, so the doorknob was dripping blood and I was looking at it. No one can figure out why it does that but it clicked in my head." I ramble, "anyways I realised I recons what it looks like..."
Evita crossed her arms, she has a short temper. "And?" She says tapping her foot, "it's 11 o'clock at night Cammy."
I hate when she calls me that, "I need you to take your bandage off."
"No I'm not doing that." She says, I knew she'd say that.
"Please hermosa."
"Fine," she sighs. "You unwrap it, I'm to tired to bother."
She hold out her arm and I pull off the bandage, it's clear it had been bleeding early because the wound is try to re ceil.
"Did this bleed this afternoon ?" I ask
"Yeeeehhhh," she yawns.
I hold her soft hand up to the door and the knob starts to glow.
"See that!" I whisper in excitement.
"Mhmm." She says rubbing her eyes, "my hand's tingling." She giggles
I can tell she's getting really tired. She learn her head on my should, I feel my stomach flip. She runs her finger just above the door knob and it leaves a trail.
"This is cool." She says sluggishly.
I play with one of her curls. "You tired Hermosa"
She groans, "my house is so far away."
"What are you gonna do then?" I tease. She could stay here.
"I don't know. I'm sooo tired," she says
I hesitate, "you can stay the night in my room. I quickly add, "If you want of course."
"Yeh sure. Just as long as it's a good bed."
She continues to lean on my should as we walk to my room.
"I only have a double bed." I say. "You can sleep in Mirabel's room if you don't wanna stay here."
"Nah it's fine, tho I might kick." She looks around the room, it's dimly lit and kinda messy.
I grab a random shirt out of my draws and chuck it to her. It's too big on me so ie would be huge on her. I walk to the bathroom to change and give Evita some privacy. I knock on my door before entering and she's already asleep on my bed, her clothes are neatly folded on top of my draws.
I crawl into be next to her. She looks so peaceful and pretty when she sleeps. I brush a curl of her face and her nose twitches. I close my eyes and fall asleep almost instantly.

8:30 am
I squint my eyes, there's a light on which I didn't think I didn't know was. I move my head up from my pillow to see what's going on.
Evita is sitting cross legged next to me, reading something she must have found in my room somewhere.
"Morning hermosa," I say with my head half in my pillow.
"Buenas dias (good morning)  Cammy." Her eyes are still fixed on the book. "Why is everyone in this book boring."
Everyone in the book boring, what book? "Shit!" My eyes widen, "no give it here you can't read that." I say trying to grab the book from her. "It-it's embarrassing, I write it ages ago."
She keeps moving the book around so I can't get it. I lung for it and practically push her off the bed.
She's on her back laugh, still clutching the book tightly, "Nooo I gotta know the end still."
My face feels red, "no hermosa," I say but she continues to read it. "Please it's a bad ending I wrote it ages ago."
She laughs and begins to read out lines. "They all watch as the ship sails away. Benjamin is crying in his mothe-"
I reach down and put my hand over her mouth, then I feel something cold, "EWW! Did you just lick me?"
She smiles and hands me the book back, "I thought you could have done a better ending. Why'd Jonathan cheat on Adriana, and get caught? He's a bit dumb. "
I help her off the for back into my bed. "I wrote that a while ago."
"Yes, signing off Camilo 8-11-1973, that's was last month."
I blush and try hide my face in my collar.
She pulls it down tho so I have to make eye contact with her. "I thought it was very inquisitive for such a young author."
My stomach starts to grumble, "you hungry hermosa?"
She roles over onto her stomach and fiddles with her fingers. "Yeh kinda I guess."

I get up to go to the kitchen. Delores and aunt Julieta are already in there.
"Up so soon Camilo?" Julieta asks.
Delores makes a weird sound and looks at me. I shake my head at her while Aunt Julietas back is turned. "I got hungry and came down here."
Delores give me a side glam and I know she's gonna tell Julieta ether now or when I'm gone.

"What would you like?" Julieta asks
"Two cups of tea please. And those really good biscuits you make."
"Just give me a second, take a seat."
"Delores!" I whisper, "please don't say anything. I'll tell them later." She shakes her head. "Please Delores."
She walks out of the room but as she pasts me she says, "once she leaves I will."
Great.
"Here you go." Julieta says handing me a tray.
"Gracias," i say, taking the tray back to my room.
"Took you long enough." Evita complains
"It was like 4 minutes." I protest.
"Yeah yeah." She says grabbing her cup of tea and takes a sip. Her eyes light up,"this is the best tea I've ever had. I didn't even know tea could be good or bad."
"Aunt Julieta made it for you."
She frowns, "does she know I'm here?"
"Only Delores so far but it won't stay that w- your getting crumbs all over my bed!"
"You are a crumb." She says dusting them off the bed.
We joke and laugh till we finish out food.
"I'm going to have to tell abuela about you and the door." I say
"I don't want some dumb power."
"Ouch."
"No like I wanna travel the world not stay here because I can shapeshift or heal people."
"I can leave whenever I want." I say confused
"It's different tho. You were told your whole life to expect this and you wanted your thingy. I don't, I'm hoping your wrong about the door." I get what she means. "I think I'm gonna go home."
"You want me to walk you home?"
"I think my dad has flown in and is here now."
"So?"
"I don't think you want to meet him..." She says higher then usual.
"It's ok hermosa." I say getting up. "Im going to get changed in the other room."
"Yeah ok." She says
I change and knock on the door before I come in again. She's dressed in her outfit from yesterday.
"You look muy bonita (very pretty)" I compliment, she just roles her eyes like usual tho. "You ready to go?"
"So you are still walking me home?"
"I've decided so, come on."
"Fine" she groans crossing her arms and walking out the room with me.

We make our way down the Main Street and reach her house. She takes a deep breath in and opens the door. I look inside and a tall man with an unshaved beard and eyes just like Evita's but his look more worn out.

He looks up from his paper.
"Morning dad-"
He interrupts her back is still looking down at his paper. "Are you fucking my daughter?"