Chapter 16

Daniela's POV

"I'm not to sure why but Bruno wants to speak to Mari." I say, "this is my old home but the power has been cut off.  The basement is soundproof tho and Bruno wants to talk to Mari. So Delores won't hear apparently."
Mari looks as confused as Mirabel now.
"Yes... I ah, have something to tell you." Bruno says to Mari.
"Right..." Mari says uncertainly.
Her and Bruno walk down the staircase into the basement and shut the door.

"Why would Bruno need to talk to Mari? I didn't even know he knew her. " Mirabel asks.
I shrug my shoulders and casually say, "he was hiding a vision under his ruana, maybe she's in that one."
"A vision!" Mirabel says getting worried.
"It will be fine," I say.

I'm not sure it will be tho, normally I'm more ok with random things but the look on Bruno's face made me even fear for Mari.

We hear the basement door open again and Mari walks out.
She looks like she's going to burst into tears and her jaw is clenched tight.

"Can I have a pen?" She say, her voice cracking slightly.
"Yeah sure," I say patting down myself to try find one but Mirabel beats me to it, handing her a pen.
"Im-ah..." Mari doesn't bother to complete her sentence, her mind's in a different place.
She walks out of the room into where I know is the dinning area and pulls out a chair.

"You should probably leave her alone for a bit." Bruno says.
"Why would you tell her a vision?" Mirabel says.
"I did what I had to, she'll tell you if she wants. I wouldn't push it tho, she's a very brave person." With that Bruno left, knocking on random parts of the walls as he walks out.

Mari drags her feet back to where we are and wipes I loose tear from her face.
Don't push it.
"You want to get ice creams?" I say.
"Daniela this isn't the time!" Mirabel hisses.
"Come on, it'll get your mind off all this," Mari shrugs her shoulders at the suggestion but follows me outside anyways.

She seems shaken up but I just ignore it, not like I can help much anyways.

Marivita's POV

7:30pm

Daniela, Mirabel and I spend the whole together. I keep quiet but they seem to leave me be which is alright with me.

They're talking about how Diego is such a good match for Daniela when I decide to walk back to the casita. I honestly don't know where else I should go. I knock on the front door and Delores answers it.

"Camilo's in his room." she says.

"I'm not looking for Camilo." I say slightly confused, "I need to see Julieta quickly."

She nods and steps aside letting me in. I walk around the casita looking for her everywhere when I realise she isn't in the kitchen.
I give up and sit down on a bench but it starts moving. Freaking out I jump off it only to have the tiles move me across the room to be in front of my door.
It's glowing all through the engravings. I try walking away but the casita just brings me back in front of it.
I try to open the door but my body doesn't let me touch the handle.
"You good?" Someone says behind me, "I could push you, that'll make you touch the door knob at least."
"I need a drink." I say turning around to Camilo.
"You want water or cordial?" He says innocently.
I laugh, "no like a beer or shots."
He stiffens up.
"There's a liquor store near my house, I saw it when I first arrived." I say
"We can't drink, plus how would we get any we're 15!" He says.
"No I'm 15. You're a man in his early 40s who has just been divorced and picked up a drinking problem when his kids aren't home." I says.
Before he can argue against the idea I grab his ruana and pull him out of the casita.

Camilo's POV

I stumble as Evita drags me away from casita. She is really strong, I learnt that the first day I met her.
She stops suddenly I can see the liquor store is still a while away.
"You gotta shapeshift into someone." She says seriously.

"Why now?" I say
"So they don't see you do it outside the shop obviously." She says.
"Who?" I ask.
"Anyone! You can be anyone in the world, surprise me." She says
"Ok." I say and shapeshift into a man and I hear Evita groan, "what?"
"You could have done someone hot." She says annoyed.
She turns and walks into the store confidently. I don't know how she does that, i feel like I'm going to puke.
"These." She says pointing at a 12 pack of beers.
"That's way to much." I say
She grabs it anyways and puts them on the counter. She gestures for me to speak but I freeze up.
She roles her eyes, "just this señor, por favor."
I hear a man clear his throat, I turn around and see the same man I'm pretending to be.
"Lo siento señors. This is all a misunderstanding" I say trying to ease the situation. "Worth a shot." I mutter to Evita turning back into myself. "We'll just put these ba-"
I look at the counter and see the beers are gone, I hear the door beep as it did when we entered.
I see Evita running away in the distance with the beers.
I chuckle slightly trying to make this less awkward. Doesn't help.
"Gracias." I say chucking the money on the counter.
"OY!" The man at the counter calls out as I bolt out the door, not looking back.
I catch up to Evita who is now walking to the lake. Take a second to catch my breath.

"You're pretty fast." She says.
"Why'd you do that!? There gonna tell abuela and then I'm going to get in so much trouble and then you are to and-" I start to panic but she interrupts me.
"Camilo we only live once." She laughs, "loosen up a bit mi amor."
"Amor!? I thought we don't do those names anymore." I say shocked but she just ignores me.
We reach the lake and I sit down on the ground. She sits next to me and opens a beer and holds it out for me to take, I shake my head.
"No?" She says, taking a sip out of it instead. "We went threw all that effort to get this."
She takes a larger sip.
"Bruno's vision says it's fine." She casually says drinking again.
"What vision?" I say.
"Nothing. Here." She grabs my hand and puts the beer in it, "drink."
Reluctantly I dunk some.
The taste is disgusting.