Chapter 22

Marivita's POV

"Carlos! That's Camilo's novia (girlfriend) you moron." Mirabel says.
"I know." He grins, keeping his eyes on me. Something turns in my stomach. "That dress compliments your figure."

Jesus and I though Camilo was a flirt.
I look behind my shoulder, hoping to God Camilo is coming over. I can't see him tho.

"Stunning eyes." Carlos says. "Really bonita."
I'm frozen to the spot.

"Carlos you need to stop." Mirabel pleads, "this is why Camilo didn't want you to meet her."
"Yeah I'm quite the competition in his eyes. Isn't that right darling?" He says to me.
I see Diego whisper something in Daniela's ear. Daniela looks to have been having fun with the whole situation.

"Great idea!" Daniela exclaims, "we can lock you two in a room to finally become friends."
"That's not what I said." Diego exclaims.

Hearing none of what he said, Daniela grabs Diego and my wrist and shoved us to a random room.

"Mierda (shit)." Diego says, banging on the door.
It locks.
"Puta madre (mother fucker)." I curse.
"Can I have a turn next?" I hear Carlos say on the other side of the door.

I slide down one of the walls, it's an empty coats closet that stretches down for miles on end.
I lay my legs out flat and they touch the wall on the other side.
I glare at Diego as he leans against the opposite wall.

"Make friends!" Daniela yells.

I groan and pull my knees up to my face.

"I'm sorry, for embarrassing you... in front of your friends." I look up at Diego who wants more, "and for saying your hands are warm... that wasn't nice of me."
He chuckles and shakes his head, "no that stuffs all ok. I just thought you were trying to get with Daniela."
"What?" I say confused.
"You know, you both seemed gayish and I've liked Daniela for so long. Then you prance along, it's true all the compliments you get. I had no chance if you were after her." He sighs.

I'm totally lost in all this, I'm not gay. Im not even bi.
I burst out laughing.
"That- is- the most- ridiculous reason- to dislike someone." I choke for air, I can't stop laughing.
"I'm serious." He says.
That does it for me, my eyes are watering.
It's not even funny but I can't stop. "If I was gay- it wouldn't be for her."
"That's a bit rude." He scoffs. "Can you stop laughing."
"No." I whin.
"I still dislike you." He chuckles. "Your accent annoys me."
"I despise those pants." I retaliate.
"You suck at dancing." He mocks.
"At least I don't look like a gorilla." That makes him laugh.
"A lot of nerve coming from a girl so short I could squish." He laughs.
"At least I'm pretty enough not to need hight, just the thought of your face could kill a baby."
"Ouch," he says pretending to be hurt.  "At least I have game."
"I have my beloved Camilo." I say
"You win." He laughs.
"Really?" I frown.
"No." He says sternly.

I smile at him, these are good moments. Type of moment you wish could be recorded and repeated over and over. That's what makes this so special.

"Enemies?" He says holding out a hand.
"Couldn't hate you more." I say shaking it.
"She's beating me up." Diego yells at the door.
"Deal with it." Daniela shouts back.

He smirks at me.
"I'm going to kiss her if you don't let us out!" Diego shouts at the door.

Instantly the door is flung open.
"You didn't." Daniela gasps.
"No." We both say.
"Good." She says, "I didn't mean that friendly."

Thank god, I see Camilo standing on the doorway. I practically sprint at him and give him a hug.

"Your cousin is to scary." I say wrapping my arms tighter around him. "He was saying all this stuff to me and-"
"Calm down hermosa, it's fine." Camilo reassures me, "I knew he'd do that, I just didn't want him too."

He brushes a loose curl away and kisses me on the forehead.

Out of the corner of my eye I see Natarlia, looking furious and sad.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" She shouts at me.
"What?" I frown, Camilo's arms are still wrapped around my waist.
"He's mine! I told you that! You can't go off and get with your friends crush!" She exclaims.
"I didn't think we're friends." I simply say, Camilo is holding in a little laughter. "We've been together for weeks."
"It's not fair." She whins.
"Fight me then coño (cunt)." I say.

That wasn't smart to say, in Australia there's a lot less wrong in saying that. Everyone's heads turn to us. Natarlia marches up to me and Camilo let's go of me but holds a firm grasp on my wrist.

"You are so inconsiderate of other people." She says, slightly tearing up.
"What are you gonna do then?" I tease, this is immature.

She steps right up close to me.
She pushed my shoulder back, I scoff in disbelief.
"That's it?" I mock.

She slaps me across the face, I hear the whole crowd we now have gasp.
"Hey-" Camilo begins to say.
"Gran error (big mistake)." I smirk.
She slaps me again, losing a little confidence.
"One more time, I'm being generous." I say.
"Evita don't." Camilo says.
Natarlia inhales a breath in anyways and slaps me hard, it stings. No one will know that tho.

I smile at her. Seconds after my knuckles meet her temple, putting her off balance for a second. She lunges at me, trying to scratch any part of me. I grab her collar and shove her hard against a wall, winding her. Camilo tries holding me back but I slip my hand away.
She kicks at my stomach. I hear Carlos cheer me on, that makes me even angrier.
"Love ya." I smile.
I punch her right in the jaw, I feel it dislocated beneath my fist. She cries out in pain and falls to her knees. I'm about to take another swing when two sets of arms pull me away from her.

Camilo and Carlos are pulling me back. I try struggling out off their grip as Mirabel runs and knees down next to a crumpled up Natarlia.
Camilo and Carlos drag me away, I make sure to blow Natarlia a kiss and make a heart with my hands.

I laugh as the boys sit me up on a chair.
Carlos has a grin ear to ear but Camilo.
He looks disappointed... angry.
"Certainly put on a show sexy." Carlos grins. "Makes you even hotter."

Camilo elbows him hard, winding him.
"Seriously Mari?" He says frustration showing. Im not happy with myself anymore. He never calls me Mari.

"You're so impulsive. That- that just ruined my sisters wedding." He paces from side to side, making me nervous. "You're so impulsive. My whole family is here. What are they going into think?"
I feel guilty now, "Camilo I-"
"No, it's ok. My mistake. You don't get the importance of these things." He says.
"What's that meant to mean?" I frown.
"You're just, you couldn't let that one thing go? " He says coldly. "You know how embarrassing this is all going to be?"

"I'm an embarrassment to you?" I whisper.

He runs his hands threw his hair in frustration. "Yes! All you do is slip up. Maybe Natarlia was right, you are inconsiderate."

A tear runs down my face.
He looks at me, all the angry in his eyes instantly fades away. Regret only regret and sorrow now.
"I didn't mea- hermosa I-" he holds my face in his hands, "please."
He tries wiping the tears off my face. I force his hands away and wipe the tears off myself.
Fucking asshole.