Chapter 10

Date-30-9-1968

This is Carlos, reporting another day in his miserable life.

I've starting going to church with my ma, I think it's all bullshit but she likes me going. 
Quote "it will help me connect with the outside world a bit more."
It's ridiculous.
I've also got suspended yet again from school, dad beat me up outside the house before I came inside. He happily told ma that it was just from the fight I had gotten in.
Evita knew what was going on, he hits her too but she doesn't seem to care. I wish I was strong enough to help her.

Ma is too scared she'll have to leave him again so asking questions is off the table and Evita thinks this is all normal. Considering it's still legal in Australia to hit children I presume it is normal.

I prayed about that during church, that I could someday help Evita, provide her with a strength that could make her untouchable.

I've been planning how I want to die. I know it's dark to be talking about this already but I think I wish to go in a way that will hurt as many people as possible while still only truly destroying one. Does that make any sense?

Anyways ma is leaving to go shopping and Evita has been left alone with dad so I better go downstairs and make sure he doesn't take his anger for me on her.

Signing off, your alive Carlos Voide.

Marivita's POV

A tear drops down my face, I wipe it away and put the book away. I'll get this book finished one day. I put a purple bookmark into the page and shove it to the bottom of my drawer.

My eyes feel heavy and I find myself drifting asleep.

7:25 am

I'm woken to someone shaking me, I open my eyes a crack. Daniela is standing in front of me with a smug grin.

"So, where are we gonna hide?" She says with excitement in her eyes.

"Hide?" I groan

"Sí, everyone is looking for you. Running away from the Madrigals was badass," she says

"Badass? Why is everyone looking for me."

"When you left the casita started going bonkers, and all their gifts aren't working right. They think you opening the door will fix things up. So instead, you and I are gonna go hide out somewhere, they're already heading here so come on." she grabs my arm and pulls me out of bed.

"Let me get some clothes on!" I say covering myself, I'm only in a bra and shorts.

"I've seen way better tits hun, don't worry." She looks through my clothes, "Ooooo, you should wear this."

"That's a miny skirt!" I protest.

"Yeah but you'll look cute, plus I'm not gonna let you wear anything else so don't bother." She hands me the miny skirt which I put on, it only covers a quarter of my thighs. I put on a black crop to and jacket. "See you look great."

I roll my eyes and follow her out of the house.

"You look like a whore." dad yells as we walk past him, he must have eyes on his forehead because he doesn't bring his eyes up from his paper.