Chapter 12

Marivita's POV
6:00 pm

The casitas all decorated. I'm sitting with Mirabel in the nursery. Daniela had gone home earlier that afternoon to make herself look 'prettier' then she already is, apparently there was some guy she wanted to impress.

"I'm getting changed, I'll lend you some other clothes when I get back." Mirabel says grabbing a dress from her wardrobe and walking out the room.
She walks back in the room in minutes.
"I'm back." Mirabel says walking through the door. My mouth drops.

"You look beautiful." I exclaim.
She's wearing a burgundy red dress that flows down to her ankles. Swirls are embroidered around the bottom of it in a dark red thread.
"Hold on." I say, I make her glasses change to match the dark red thread. "Perfect."
"Thank you." She says. "Let me a get a dress for you to wear."
She pulls out an emerald green dress that look gorgeous.
"I can't wear that." I say shaking my head, "it's too pretty."
"Put it on." Mirabel says shoving the dress in my chest half winding me.
I walk to the bathroom and slip the dress on. It's slightly to long, oh well.
I walk into the nursery, Mirabel has a smile ear to ear.
"I love that dress on you." She says merrily.
"Gracias." I reply.
We walk out into the main area of the house, people are already arriving. Camilo is greeting everyone at the door as he usually does making people smile and laugh.
"You think Daniela will be here yet?" I ask
"No but I found Natarlia." Mirabel says, skipping along to say hi to her.
I groan and follow her.
"Hey Natalia." Mirabel says
"Hi, you look lovely." Natalia says.
"Thanks so do you." Mirabel replies.
"Greens not your colour." Natalia says to me.
"You got a problem?" I say moving closer to her.
"No. Just thought you should know." She smirks.

Daniela arrives and Gad her arm is linked with someone I turn to say hi when I realise who it is.
"Diego!" I say shocked, "of all the guys Diego?" I ask Daniela.
"Yeh he told me you wouldn't like him. You two need to learn to get along." Daniela says.
"Yeah why don't you guys get along, I've never even seen you two talk." Fernando says.
"Let's start with the time she used me as leverage to get a pair of glasses," Diego says, "you know how embarrassing that was?"
"I remember that!" Gabriel says, "that was a bloody good mark."
"You weren't even there," I say remembering the day. "And I thought people in Columbia don't do footy."
"I just like watching it on the telly." Gabriel says.
"Who calls it a telly!?" Ivan mocks.

We all chat for a while until I realise Camilo has left. I make an excuse and leave to go find him.
I see his yellow ruana and start walking over.
"Camilo!" I call out and he turns his head.
I stubble back my face flushing red.
He has a girl pressed against the wall who also looks at me.
"I-ah" he starts to say but I turn around and walk till I'm out of his view and the run out of the casita.

Camilos POV
I look down at the girl who's against the wall. I don't even know her name. She looks at me in wonder, she no where near as pretty as Evita.
"Who was that?" She asks
"No one, it doesn't matter." I say
She wraps her arm around my neck pulling us together so there half an inch between us at most.
"You gonna kiss me yet... Cammy." She says, something makes this whole thing feel wrong suddenly.
"Nope, I can't do this." I say pulling away from the wall all together.
"Wha-what do you mean' you can't do this?'" She says shocked.
"Bye." I say bluntly, walking off as she scoffs in disbelief.
I guess I did what I wanted to, I got Evita's attention.

Marivita's POV

I sit out the front of the casita, leaning against one of the walls.
I'm not sure why i feel upset, maybe it's  just more embarrassment.

"You all good?" Someone says, leaning again the wall.
I look to the side of me to make out who it is.
"How'd you get your dress stained?" I say looking at all the different colours at the bottom.
She crouches down and sits next to me, "I'm living the life of my dreams."
"Cool." I say not looking up at her.
"I'm Isabela, I already know who you are but still." She says
"Ohh, your the one with the sick plant powers. I love the cacti you make." I remember and then realise I'm still meant to be in a bad mood.
"How's having a gift going?" She asks
"It's alright I guess, I'd prefer not to have one." I say, "what is the point of being able to do this."
I make Isabela's arm disintegrated then put back in tack.
"I like your gift." She exclaims
I roll my eyes. "Why are you out here again?"
"Delores told me you were upset and said for me to go talk to you." She says
"I'm not upset!" I say defensively. "I'm just embarrassed and confused and slightly annoyed and angry really angry-" I shut my mouth, "I'm so sorry I'm rambling."
"And who is it that you're made at?"
"No one," I mutter
"Why are you mad at them."
"Because I thought we had something and I really like them!" I snap my hand to mouth, I don't like Camilo, I don't think I do. "No I didn't mean any of that."
Isabela has a smile almost going to her ears. "And who is the lucky boy."
"Nothing, it's nobody."

Delores POV

Camilo is sitting next to me, leaning over in his seat.
"You're not going to join your friends?" I ask.
He looks up at me and frowns, "why are you smiling so much?"
"I just overhead a conversation." I say trying to calm myself.
"Why are you so excited?" He asks
"Nothinggggg." I sing
"Whatever." He says looking back at the ground. "I think I fucked thing up with Evita."
"That's not what I'm hear-" I shut my mouth but he looks up at me.
"What are you hearing?" He says, I try to hide my smile again but it doesn't work. "Seriously what is it-" he gasp, "are you high." He whispers leaning in and sniffs my shoulder, "you don't smell high."
"I'm not on drugs." I laugh. "You're so stupid."
"What is it then?" He asks
"Your girlfriend," I tease
"My what" he's really confused.
"Doesn't matter," I say walking off
"Wait!" He calls out.
"Can't hear you." I say as I walk into my room.

My brother finding his first love.