Chapter 25

Camilo's POV

I shape shift into a little girl. I don't know maybe they won't kill me this way. Not working.
An old lady?
A baby?
Famous actor?
Nothing.
All they want is blood. They don't care about getting some candle for their leader. They're here for the thrill of it and they know we don't have a single idea on how to fight.

The man standing in front of me wields his sword up in the air. I cover my face with me arms and try to bad away.
I'm shoved out of the way.
I look up to see evita standing in-front of me, panting.
I scream at her but she doesn't move. The man slams his sword down into her. I cry out, trying to move her away.

"Imbéciles (dickheads)." She mutters and his sword falls apart in his hands.
She smiles down at me and offers her hand to help me up. I'm to stunned to move.
"Oh you know what's cool?" She says casually. She was nearly killed. She could have died...
"I figured out this trick." She says excitedly.

I'm still helpless on the ground. The second man goes to swing his sword at Evita.
She groans. "Not now!"
His sword disintegrates as-well as all his armour and clothes, only thing he has left on is his jocks. Leaving him on the spot trying to cover himself up.

Evita turns her attention to the first man. She presses her hand to the his  man face. I nearly throw up. She breaks his nose, not using any force she just did it, like it was a candy cane.
She lowers his nose down to his chin switching his lips to his forehead and plucking out one of his eyes.
He screams in agony. She can't stop the pain but she can rip out a man's eye.

I think she does this with such ease because she detached everything beforehand. I feel sick.
I swear if she-
"Wanna eat it?" She smirks holding the eye down to my face. I vomit on the ground next to me.
"Grossss." She whines.
"You just-" I can't complete my sentence. The eye twitches in her hand.
I vomit again.

She chucks the eye to the third man who screams like a girl. Then she turns and kneels down next to me.
I realise we aren't surrounded anymore. That was the worst way to do it.

She pulls me up off my feet, beaming with pride.
"Cool trick?" She smiles.
I can only shake my head. I don't want to vomit again. I just might tho.
She sighs and pulls me into a hug, not really the time.
Over her shoulder I see someone running towards us, sword in hand. A murdering look in his eyes.

I push evita away from me and run at raging man.
I duck under as he swings his sword. A sword appears in my own hand. One swift motion I swing it into his stomach. I watch ad he crumps to the ground, clenching his side.
"Shit!" I yelp, "did I kill him?"
Evita slides down next to him placing a hand over his stomach.
He winced in pain but settles again.

"What are you doing!?" I hope she isn't hurting him more if he's not already dead.
"Sealing the wound over." She says concentrating, "he won't bleed out. It'll give enough time for someone else to help him."
I go to swing my sword again at the person behind Evita but she beats me to it. Jabbing a dagger into his neck and letting him crumble to the ground. Then sealing the wound over.
Dolores wasn't kidding about there being hundreds.
Half of them are here, Julieta is running around trying to heal anyone from our family.
The casita starts to shake, making me shapeshift uncontrollably.
Cracks spread in the bricks

Mirabel.

Evita looks just as scared. We're running to find her. I spot Dolores, crying.
Thank god she's not dead.
She's running with urgency her wedding dress is torn and stained. I can't hear what she's yelling over the sounds.
I grab Evita's hand and run after Dolores who comes to a sudden holt.

Mirabel is there, knees on the ground. Holding someone a little boy. I can't look down.

Marivita's POV

About half an hour has pasted, fighting. I don't know where their guns came from but it's kills us. There has been no movement. People have been evacuating, trying to leave. Not all of them are making it. Barely any actually.

I look around the town square.

I never knew this village had so many civilians.

It's horrific, this is horrific.

Camilo's POV

I don't know what's happening. All I feel is pain. My body aches all over with open wounds. The casita is cracking, storms hurricanes animals are panicking.

I've lost Evita.

"EVITA!" I yell, hoping to hear her voice again. To know she's ok. I shout out her name again and again. Panic flushes through me. They came here for her. They want to know why she got a gift.

I shove past people. Tears flow down my cheeks. I just need to find her.

I'm pushed to the ground. Someone's boot steps on me, holding me down.

"Voy a dispararte la maldita cabeza (im going to shoot your head off)." He digs my back into the ground harder. "¿Ultimas palabras? (Last words)."

I can't even breath. Someone's yelling my name but it's muffled by the sound of a gunshot.
I wince,expecting to be dead. I open my eyes and realise im alive.
He didn't shoot me.

I glance to the side to see a figure crump to the ground.

I shapeshift into a child, allowing me to slid out from under his grasp.

I pick up my sword and jab it straight into his torso. He falls to his knees, smiling broadly.

Why is he smiling?

I drop my sword.

Marivita's POV

I faintly smile as Camilo slides down next to me, lifting my head up onto his lap. I chuckle softly, half a whimper.

He moves his hand down to my waist and I flinch at the pain.

"I need to stop the blood flow." He says frantically, ripping a piece of his ruana to use as a cloth, "you're going to be ok."

I shake my head slightly, I don't have the energy to speak. I feel light headed already. I flinch away from the fabric pressed against me.

Tears stream down Camilo's face, "I can't loose you too." He pushes a curl off my face, "it's going to be ok." Bruno's vision didn't say this'll be ok. "Julieta will come. It's all going to be fine."
I think he's trying to comfort himself more. Black spots are beginning to blur my vision.
I'm not going to be fine.

A singlar tear roles down my face, not from the pain. I can't feel my body at all. Camilo looks so helpless, he's gripping onto the last hope.

"I don't want to say goodbye." My voice is shaking.
"Evita You're not going to die. You can't you just-"  he yells out for Julieta again, his voice cracking.