5. The New House

Reader's POV

Me, Zeke and Eren stood outside with 'What the Hell?' expressions on our faces.

"This is a race, come on," Mom smiled while none of us even moved.

It was hard to when your house went from this,

To this, (minus the cars)

And your parents weren't putting up the old house for sale, only for rent

I turned to look at Dad who had already parked the car with a look that said 'How?'

"You're Illinois's best doctor's daughter Y/N, don't be so surprised," he chuckled.

Eren was the first to break out of his trance and as soon as he did, he started running.

"Hey!" Zeke yelled, following right after.

"I'm getting the biggest room!" I announced, running as fast as my legs could carry me.

It was for the huge driveway that I was able to catch up with Eren and Zeke. I didn't look at the rest of the house, just ran up the stairs, almost slipping a couple of times but that didn't stop me. It was just like Dad said, there were three rooms on the top floor. I looked at all the rooms while Zeke and Eren caught up. I checked the three and saw that the second one was the largest room with the largest window. Perfect.

"This one's mine!" I announced and I saw Zeke climbing up.

He checked the other two and picked the first one and announced his decision.

Eren was last and took whatever was left.

"Damn," Eren muttered while panting heavily, "you two are fast. I started running first and I'm last."

"Especially Y/N," Zeke pointed out, "she was the last to start running and the first to reach."

"It's from experience," I replied, looking down the stairs for Mom and Dad, "Whenever we got into fights at school, I had to carry you both and run to get away from the teachers. I'm trained now."