37. Friend!

Reader's POV

Friend?

Well, I actually do need a new friend so that I can hang out without bothering anyone. Zeke is going to be busy hanging out with Yelena now that she has transferred. I don't want to be the third wheel between Eren and Mikasa and Armin is always busy studying, for fun.

He is a completely different species.

So yeah, I do need a friend.

But Furlan?

I mean, he does look like a good person...

But he hurt Eren and Zeke.

But like he said, that was just self defense and they didn't even get a scratch because of him, it was all Levi.

Normally, if someone like him offered to be my friend, I would agree without hesitation because nowadays, no one would agree to hang out with me with the exception of my best friends because they were used to my personality and they were kinda stuck with me.

But the problem was that I was working with my friends to take him and his friends down and I couldn't agree to be his friend if we were enemies. I only made a deal because that was an entirely different thing.

"I know what you're thinking," Furlan said to me, "And it's fine if we fight often which we obviously will since you and your friends don't get along with my friends. That doesn't mean that we can't be friends though. I know that you're trying to take my group down because that would be what any normal person would do and I won't ask you to go easy on me and neither will I go easy on you. And no one has to know that we are friends. And even if we completely ruin each other's reputation, we can still be friends."

It seems like he really, really, really wants to be friends.

I can't say that I don't want to.

But it just doesn't sit right with me that we will be friends and be working to take each other down.

That's not how I act with my friends and brothers and I can guess that he doesn't act like that with his.

But, I suppose I understand him. There really is no other choice. My hatred of Isabel is coated in lava and burns in kerosene and even if I would be able to subside it, I would never forgive her for what she did that day and how she treats Zeke.

But what if he's lying to me and reporting back to Isabel?

His secret might not even be real.

I have to test him.

"Do you like pigeons?" I asked as he looked at me in surprise.

"Yeah. I guess so."

He has passed the test. Any person who likes pigeons can be trusted.

"Okay," I sighed, not wanting to reject his offer because I actually did want to be friends with him despite me and my friends being his friends' enemies.

"Great," He smiled, "Just promise to not laugh too much, okay? So, the one I like was-"

"Damn, Y/N's directions are really shitty," Zeke's voice boomed as the door of the infirmary opened, "In the end we had to search every nook and cranny of the entire damn school to find the infirmary!"

"But her directions were technically correct, though," Armin defended me, "She just didn't tell us how far we had to go in each direction. And I hope she is in the infirmary because lunch is about to end and we have to drop Eren off here and then finish our lunch quickly to be able to be on time for the next class."