23. Secrets

Levi's POV

I looked out of the window on the front passenger seat, trying to ignore Isabel and the Yeager brats' grumbling coming from behind.

"Shut up, Monke!" Isabel started a fight.

"You shut up, Pigtail Idiot!" Light Yagami defended her brother.

"Now, now. Let's not fight," Mom tried to resolve the fight as she drove, being nice to them but I for sure knew that if I and Kenny ever did this in front of her then we'd be as good as dead.

"Hmph."

"Tch."

I hate to admit it, but I like her style.

"Aren't you all excited?! It's the first day of school!" Mom used a cheery tone that I didn't remember when I or Kenny had heard this.

"I think that that's the exact reason that they're not excited," Furlan made a point.

"Well, not many kids these days are excited about their first days of school," Mom frowned in understanding.

"Armin surely is," Light Yagami gave an example of someone who was actually excited.

What a rare species.

"We left poor Mikasa to listen to all his rambling and suffer alone," Baby Dick talked about Scarface.

"Is it really that bad?" Mom tried to continue the conversation because she knew that if they weren't talking to her then the alternative would be that they were fighting with each other.

And that would be annoying as hell.

"Yes. Armin talks a lot about the stuff he likes and is passionate about. Which is good and all and it's nice listening to him talk about the ocean but no one wants to hear rambling about how good the first day of school is and hear singing about it especially if you don't want to go to school," Light Yagami explained.

"One time, he gave a one hour lecture about a seashell's texture," The furball started talking and it was absolutely unbearable to hear and all I wanted to do was smack his face and make him shut up right then but luckily, Light Yagami did that for me since he let something slip out that he probably shouldn't have, "Though it was slightly more bearable that Y/N's 74 slide presentation about Jumin Ha-."

"Shut it," Light Yagami growled in a low voice, her hand covering furball's mouth, preventing him from saying anything while Isabel snickered, knowing exactly what he was talking about as Furlan covered his mouth in shock of realization and I had absolutely no idea what the hell they were talking about.

"Hm? I didn't catch that. A 74 slide presentation about what?" Mom asked, seeming to be as clueless as I was.

"About Attack On Titan," Hairball seemed to have realized his mistake and was lying to cover it up.

"I'm surprised you managed to cover the entire story in 74 slides."

"It's a work in progress," Light Yagami gave a fake smile that the Light Yagami in the anime was known for.

But what was the actual thing though?

I turned my head back to look at Isabel and Furlan, sitting in the back two seats while the siblings were stuffed in the three back ones. I looked at Isabel who was biting her lip, trying not to let the sound of laughing out while Furlan was shaking Isabel as if asking for confirmation about something.

"Seriously? How come you never told us before? And you could just tell your aunt about this to get revenge," Furlan suggested, whispering to keep the conversation between us three as Isabel shook her head.