34. Fanclub

Reader's POV

"So you're saying," I confirmed Floch's statements as he had brought me aside to the staircase for this conversation, "That you're my fan?"

"Yes," He confirmed.

"And that you are also a first year but your dad's the principal and so, you've heard plenty about short stack and you hate him. And I stood up to him and beat him up so now, you're my fan?" I questioned on.

"Exactly," He nodded.

I didn't exactly beat him up though, he put up a pretty good match. Even though that was only possible because I hadn't fully transformed yet.

"That's nice to hear," I said awkwardly, not knowing what to say in this situation because I couldn't exactly have prepared for this even after all my overthinking and creating fake scenarios.

"It's great that someone is standing up to him," Floch explained the situation in the school, "Even though he has his own fanclub."

"He what?" My eyes were as wide as baseballs.

"He has a fanclub; officially known as The Alliance," Floch got into more detail, "He's only a second year but he's the most popular person in the school. He has his own fanclub which is an actual club in the school. It was formed halfway through the year last year and despite the staff not wanting to make the club official, it was made official because there were too many student protests and it was becoming difficult for the school to handle. That club is the most populous club in the school and also has the biggest waiting line if someone wants to join it."

How the hell did he get his own fanclub when he was in this school for half a year? And this explains Armin's uneasiness when I asked him about what clubs the school offered. He knew this fact that we didn't and as much as he tried to act normal, he couldn't completely fool me. He knew that the strategy was good but he wasn't sure if it would work on someone as popular as Levi. And that also explained why he snapped at me when I later asked if I could just go ahead and do whatever I wanted. He was just worrying for my safety.

"Damn," I said out loud.

"But we can still do something," Floch stayed optimistic and spoke like a true idealist, "Now that you're here, we can do it."

"Floch," I tried to use Zeke's plan, "I need to stand up to him but I can't do it alone. I can't do it with just my friends. I need more help."

"I understand," Floch nodded, "You can stand up to Levi but a big part of the school is a segment of his supporters. They all follow him on every social media platform he's on even though he has a blurry selfie as his profile picture, no posts and only has the account to become a follower for his friends because they asked him to."

My eyes widened in confusion, "How do you know all that?"

"I've been following them for a long time. I have a lot of information. I think it will all be really beneficial to you. And as for the fact that you need more support. Give me till the end of the day and I'll prove myself to you."

"End of the day?" I was confused. Could he really find someone who hated Levi by the end of the day?

"Yes. And I'll need your number to give you updates," He passed his phone to me as I put in my number because what was the worst he could do with it?, "And I'll have to ask you this. Are you okay with going on the front line and facing him head on?"

"Huh? Sure, I guess."

"Thank you," He smiled before apologizing, "Oh, sorry. I didn't even ask you for your name."

"Y/N," I answered as I saw him type something on his phone which I guessed was my name being saved with my number, "Y/N Yeager."

"Nice to meet you, Y/N. You are our only hope."

"Uh...Thanks, I guess?" I said and waved him goodbye as he did the same and left. I grabbed my phone from my pocket to check the time only to find out that it was ringing with calls from Mikasa and already had 5 missed ones because the ringer was off like usual.

"Yeah?" I accepted the call and put my phone to my ear.

"Are you okay? Why didn't you pick up?" I heard Mikasa's worried voice.

"I'm fine," I assured her, "The ringer was off so I didn't realize that you were calling."

"Okay," Mikasa accepted my answer, "Can you come over to the infirmary? We're going there right now because it seems like Eren broke his nose when he landed on his face and he needs his head bandaged too. I just hope he doesn't get a concussion. And can you tell us where it is? Only you and Eren know where it is because you went there before and Eren bit his tongue so he can't talk. And I snatched Armin's phone from him a couple of days ago when he was trying to memorize the map so he doesn't know either."

"He bit his tongue? He fell that bad?" I inquired, worried.

"No. He bit his tongue because he was chewing gum."

"Damn. That's lame."

"You've done the same plenty of times."

"I chew more gum than him!"

"That's nothing to be proud about."

"Yes, it is. I chew a lot of gum and now my jaw is strong. I can even bite people in a fight!"

"Please don't do that."

"I'll bite what I want to bite!" I referenced.

"That's just unhygienic."

"I'll wash my mouth!"

"Still. Don't do that. And on which floor is the infirmary?"

"First floor," I answered, "Go to the office, face away from it, turn right and keep going and go left from the staff room there and the infirmary is right there."

"Okay. Thanks. See you there," Mikasa ended the call as I shoved my phone and my hands into my pockets and headed toward my destination.

When I got there, I didn't see my friends or brothers anywhere so I assumed that they were still on the way. However, I did see someone I didn't expect to have there, talking to the nurse.

"Are you having a headache again, Mr. Church?" The nurse asked as he fixed his glasses, "This is the third day of school this year and you're already up to your old tricks?"

"It's a stomach ache this time," Furlan corrected, "And there's nothing I can do about it. I'm not any more fond of these things than you are."

"Fine," The nurse sighed, "I'll give you something to relieve the pain. Please lay down for a while and we'll observe how you feel. If you still feel unwell then I'll call your father and ask him what we should do from here. If you should stay in school or he's coming to pick you up or you're leaving by yourself. As usual."

"Thanks nurse," Furlan grinned as if he wasn't complaining about a stomach ache a few seconds ago.

The nurse deeply sighed once again and finally noticed me to which he asked, "Can I help you?"

"Um, my brother fell in the hallways. He'll be here any second now."

"Of course," He nodded before ushering me to a chair, "Please sit down."

I nodded and sat down on a chair while glaring at Furlan who was lounging on the comfortable infirmary bed before sitting upright upon noticing my anger. The nurse left the infirmary through the back door that led to what I guessed was his office where he stayed when he wasn't attending to injured, unwell, dramatic or lying students.

"Hey. Uh," Furlan was nervous now that it was only us there, knowing that I could kill him any second. It wouldn't be that simple though. I still hadn't had my lunch and my transformation would be slow. But it wouldn't take much to take him down though, "What's up?"

"What's up?" I questioned him, asking him if that's what he was going to say after he made me utterly furious, "You're asking what is up? You shit, you hurt my brothers, you lied to me, you-"

I'll kill you.

A/N = Who here understood the reference?

February 5, 2023

- Heliaxa