17. A New Addition To The Group

Reader's POV

"So basically," Armin recollected all the facts, "You want Zeke to join our group because he and Eren bought you an over $325 Attack On Titan Levi Ackerman Birthday Figurine?"

"Yes!" I nodded with a smile that I couldn't keep off my face. To afford this figurine, I would have to save up my pocket money for up to a year and I am not that patient. I could ask for pocket money in advance but according to Mom and Dad, this figurine was not worth the money and I was supposed to save up for such things.

"I don't mind," Mikasa added, who seemed to have bonded with Zeke over their mutual hatred of Levi.

"I think he should join since he doesn't have any friends," Eren said, only to be interrupted by Zeke with an 'excuse me?'

"I agree with Eren. Zeke, you were popular in school but you can't say that you had any 'real' friends," I said.

"Except Yelena," Zeke added.

"Except Yelena," I agreed.

"Who's Yelena?" Mikasa asked.

"Zeke's girlfriend. Y/N and Eren told us about her last year," Armin reminded Mikasa.

Zeke looked at me and Eren like he couldn't believe that we told them.

"So," Armin continued, "I'm fine with Zeke joining our group but Zeke has to consent to it first before we begin our ceremony."

"Ceremony?" Zeke questioned.

"Yes," I nodded, " A ceremony. We hold this ceremony whenever someone officially joins our group. So far, we've held it only once and that was when Mikasa joined us four years ago."

"What about the three of you?"

"We're the founders," I told Zeke, "Now, you have to agree that you want to join before I look for my ceremony folder."

"Ceremony folder?"

"Yes," I explained, "We held the last ceremony four years ago. You can't expect us to remember the details."

"I don't remember the details but it was a completely ridiculous ceremony," Mikasa said.

"How could you say that?" Eren asked, offended, "It took me, Y/N and Armin two whole sleepovers to plan that and write the whole thing down!"

"You made me wait two weeks for that stupid ceremony!"

"Mikasa! You can't say that! That ceremony is our tradition and it must be respected!" I supported Eren.

"I know you agree with me and it's only the way it is because Armin barely got a say in the ceremony planning!"

"That's true," Armin agreed with Mikasa, "The whole planning was basically Eren and Y/N arguing over what should be done and I was trying to settle their fights by tossing coins over that."

"But the ceremony was a success-"

"Okay now calm down," Zeke tried to settle the argument, "I'll join so Y/N please look for the ceremony book."

"Okay," I headed towards my almirah of drawers as I hadn't kept the ceremony book with my other books. It has traditional importance in our group after all.

I had told Mikasa and Armin over text so that they could have already made basic preparations for the ceremony when they visited. We had to do the ceremony now or wait another week before their parents had the time to drop them off again on the weekend.

What is the point of summer vacation if I can't see my friends?

"Need help?" Mikasa's question snapped me out of my thoughts.